Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stefan kirchberg
Germany
göttingen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Hey BGG.
I really do like to play ghost stories with my gf. Unfortunately shes out of town for sometime and I wonder if there is any online version of ghost stories?

We own both a copy so we could set up a camera dual play but thats seems to be a lot of hassel. Therefor i was wondering if there something else. We dont have ipads so there is no ipad gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
torxt wrote:
Hey BGG.
I really do like to play ghost stories with my gf. Unfortunately shes out of town for sometime and I wonder if there is any online version of ghost stories?

We own both a copy so we could set up a camera dual play but thats seems to be a lot of hassel. Therefor i was wondering if there something else. We dont have ipads so there is no ipad gaming.

FWIW, I don't believe the iPad version supports online MP. Plus, it still needs to be updated for 64-bit support (so no-go if you're on ios11+).

Only other thing I can think up of is to use a spreadsheet "as the board", and the deck of cards. This file could reside online, accessible to both of you. Suggestions include Microsoft's One Drive, or Google Office/Sheets

The only hidden information is the card deck. Could use a 2nd tab to hold the deck of cards. Have them as "black font on black background" to mask their contents. "Draw" as needed

For dice, you can just roll your own and share the results, or Excel at least (as opposed to Google Sheets, and other spreadsheet programs) has a random number generator. Do one for the Tao Dice, and one for the Curse die.
I mimicked dice rolling for a digital implementation, solo game, of Roll Through The Ages: The Iron Age. Feel free to copy that portion to use as a template if you decide to go this route...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/149281/roll-through-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a good Vassal module on the Vassal website and also you can use Tabletop Simulator, through I dunno if there a legal Ghost Story module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.