5 Posts

Fireball Island: The Curse of Vul-Kar» Forums » General

Subject: Treasure trove cards and expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
msg tools
mb
How many of the treasure trove cards are expansion specific? I'm back and forth about the crimson outlaws expansion, and thus about an all in pledge versus base plus the 2 other expansions. My concern is will there be "useless" cards in the deck if I don't purchase the outlaws right away and if so how many?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While some of the SGs added to the expansions, I am pretty sure all the treasure trove cards are usable with the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8 of the 48 cards can only be used with the expansions.

Boulder-Summoning Bongo (2) - summons the boulder from Last Adventurer

EmberCorp Auntie Bea Balm (2) - gives a player a bee sting token from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Bees

EmberCorp Miracle Snake Oil (2) - gives a player a snake bite token from Last Adventurer

Durendal (artifact) - triggers when you are hit by a boulder from Last Adventurer

Club of Heracles (artifact) - riggers when you are hit by the tiger from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Bees

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyrix137 wrote:
How many of the treasure trove cards are expansion specific? I'm back and forth about the crimson outlaws expansion

None of the TT cards interact exclusively with the Crimson Cutlass -- a few require the Last Adventurer or CTHB. That said, while the Crimson Cutlass is optional, I'd consider it a must-have if you're playing a 4-5 player game, as it adds some serious tactical choices in where to go. Plus the Sinister Motivation cards should add some great gameplay whether you use the CC island or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mb
I guess I should have said that I intend to get all the expansion stuff eventually, it was more a matter of get it now versus at some point in the future at retail... ugh! It all looks like so much fun! Hard decision, I missed out on the original as a kid but always heard about it in those "on a pedestal" tones lol. I'll primarily be playing with my wife and my two kids, 7 and 5 year olds so the tactical aspect of it all is kinda moot at this point, but in the future...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.