Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NEXT SESSION : Wednesday May 23, 2018.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE WELLINGTON ROOM of the Hintonburg Community Centre (1064 Wellington Street)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 6 pm and goes until 10
COST: $2.00
PARKING : The Community Centre has parking and there is street parking on Wellington.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had another good crowd as we returned to the bigger room this week.

I was lucky enough to spend my evening playing games with Andre, James and Patrick. We started with Yokohama. I focused on getting big power moves and getting shops onto the board but I didn’t get many contracts. André got lots of 5 power bonuses. James jumped onto the tech early while Patrick and his completed contracts grabbed lots of foreign agents. In the last few rounds I was able to get a dominant position in both the Church and Customs house and triggered the endgame by placing my 8th shop. I made two errors late in the game. First, I took out a trading post instead of my last two shops and this prolonged the game. Second was I took the Stationmaster tech in my last turn and placed it on the Customs House tile where I was. This allowed others to get extra leverage there with their foreign agents. Everybody had a big last turn with Patrick having the biggest. Despite my winning majorities in the Church and Customs House, Patrick was able to secure second place in each of those in his last turn...enough to give him a 3 point win over me with third and fourth close behind.

Next we played San Juan (second edition). James and I had advantages in building city buildings while Patrick seemed to be focusing more on high value production. André spent a lot of time digging for cards and it served him well as he was able to get a Tower and some other good buildings. I was able to bury cards under my Chapel for 6 rounds but that was nothing compared to the 10 cards James was able to bury under his Harbour and, in the last turn, his Bank. James took an easy victory over my second place.

Other great games I saw played included Terra Mystica, Viticulture and Milestones. Machi Koro was also played.

Have a great week. I’m not sure I’ll be there next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.