Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

If I move from the 'Sales Office' to 'Media Center' (which has my assistant), can I then move that assistant to the 'Sales Office'? Or is that assistant forced to move back to my player board?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that you can move an assistant off his spot on the board before or after your main action, so in essence, you don't need him to be kicked out. You can move him to your desk (assuming you have a desk for him to return to) and then move to the Media Center and place him on the Sales Office.

What I can't remember is what happens if you don't have a desk to bring him to. I am not sure if you can kick yourself out and instead of returning him to a desk, placing him on your previous location. That will have to be answered by someone else that has the rules handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:

What I can't remember is what happens if you don't have a desk to bring him to.

You lose the assistant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

You lose the assistant.

I know that if you don't have a place to put the assistant you lose him. But can you reassign him to the location you were previously in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
I'm pretty sure that you can move an assistant off his spot on the board before or after your main action, so in essence, you don't need him to be kicked out. You can move him to your desk (assuming you have a desk for him to return to) and then move to the Media Center and place him on the Sales Office.

All,

Is this in the rules somewhere? I don't recall seeing that written.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

All,

Is this in the rules somewhere? I don't recall seeing that written.

Thx
jonpfl

In the "Examples of Play" section of the rules, in round 2 it states, "Now it is Blue's turn again. He moves one of his assistants to the location he is at and then decides to visit the international market..."

Notice he moved his assistant before he even moved his pawn? Because I know you can take assistants from the board or a desk spot, and because this example showcases a movement before the main action, I feel it's a viable move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
All,

If I move from the 'Sales Office' to 'Media Center' (which has my assistant), can I then move that assistant to the 'Sales Office'? Or is that assistant forced to move back to my player board?

Thx
jonpfl

yes you can do it. The rules state that you can take assistants from the board at anytime. So you take your assistant and move it to your desk. then you move it again to the spot you left empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Thx
jonpfl

yes you can do it. The rules state that you can take assistants from the board at anytime. So you take your assistant and move it to your desk. then you move it again to the spot you left empty.

Ok, so what about this situation :

What if my desks are full with 4 workers already AND I move from 'Sales Office' to 'Media Center' (which has my assistant), do I lose that worker OR can I put them on the 'Sales Center'?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
newrev wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Thx
jonpfl

What if my desks are full with 4 workers already AND I move from 'Sales Office' to 'Media Center' (which has my assistant), do I lose that worker OR can I put them on the 'Sales Center'?

Thx
jonpfl

AernoutMJC wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

You lose the assistant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Goldman
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
newrev wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Thx
jonpfl

Thx
jonpfl

Your assistants are interchangeable, so there's no reason you couldn't use one of the 4 at your desks to go to the Sales Office and then return your displaced assistant from the Media Center to your board in the freshly opened desk.

So to save time and effort as far as I can tell you should be able to just move the worker elsewhere right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.