Siege Storm» Forums » Rules

Subject: DMG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Bächler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a couple of rounds with a friend and we are still not 100% sure about DMG.

The rules declare DMG as:
DMG - damage dealt directoy to the opponent

Does this mean a card like Fire Elemental (Action: Deal 2 DMG) can only deal damage to the opponent?

If yes: why are there cards like Fire Dragon, where the passive ability states you have to deal the damage to the opponent (Whenever you play a card, deal 1 DMG to the opponent) - wouldn't it be enough to write "deal 1 DMG"?

if no: where else can i deal damage? is it like storming, where i can attack the track with the exception of the deploment zone, or can i deal damage on any target of my choice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Meyer
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! What a great post with so many rightfully asked questions! In fact, those are my questions exactly! +100!!! Best post of the millennium!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
It's (most probably) just poorly defined card template, with redundant information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Meyer
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, your answer is we can deal the damage to the track or the opponent as we please? What about cards that say: deal 2 damage for every supporter? Can I distribute that damage to my liking (2 on a enemy on the track, 2 to the opponent)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Bächler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@smyr: if it’s redundant information, the answer would be that damage can only be dealt to the opponent - so no need to distribute it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea how you've interpreted my answer like so. No, my answer was that DMG is still only to opponent and that Fire Dragon should have "to the opponent" removed, as redundant and confusion inducing text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Meyer
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah well, I wasn’t sure what ”it” meant in your answer and my mind made of it what it wanted. So basically all damage is dealt to the opponent if the card doesn’t say anything other, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Yeaaa, this one should be written better, in new version of the manual we have included that.

Whenever you deal direct DMG, you can direct it on Player OR on the frontilne card (or no mans land).

P.S. - when you storm you can't attack the track - it is same, you can damage only player / frontline card. With the exception that when you storm, you have to decrese your ATT vs DEF of the defending card on opponent track. With direct damage from spells and passives, you dont have to do that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Bächler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great - thanks for answering this so fast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Awaken Realms wrote:

Whenever you deal direct DMG, you can direct it on Player OR on the frontilne card (or no mans land).

Whoa, that's a significant change from the rules as written (?)

Awaken Realms wrote:

P.S. - when you storm you can't attack the track - it is same, you can damage only player / frontline card.

That's ... even more confusing. In the rules, it says that you can attack frontline or NML when you Storm. Since both of these cards belong to the track, then it's ambiguous to say "you can't attack the track".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.