5 Posts

Five Tribes: Whims of the Sultan» Forums » General

Subject: 5th player without City Tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel See
msg tools
mb
Can you play with the fifth player without playing with the City and Whim cards part of the expansion? Or do you need the new tiles/cards to accommodate the fifth player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vande Ven Jr.
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the top of page 3 of the rules:

Quote:
Note: This expansion provides the components needed to play 5-player games of Five Tribes. This option is only possible by adding at least one of the expansions that adds tiles to the game.

So by this, you should use the city tiles.

Of course, nobody is forcing you to do that. You could leave them out, but I imagine the game board might be too tight.

If you leave out the city tiles from the expansion, also make sure to leave out the extra meeples, or you will have too many meeples.

Also, nobody is forcing you to play with the Whim cards. But I find them a lot of fun, and add more strategy to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel See
msg tools
mb
giantmike wrote:

Quote:
Note: This expansion provides the components needed to play 5-player games of Five Tribes. This option is only possible by adding at least one of the expansions that adds tiles to the game.

So by this, you should use the city tiles.

Of course, nobody is forcing you to do that. You could leave them out, but I imagine the game board might be too tight.

If you leave out the city tiles from the expansion, also make sure to leave out the extra meeples, or you will have too many meeples.

Also, nobody is forcing you to play with the Whim cards. But I find them a lot of fun, and add more strategy to the game.

thank you for this reply. It was really helpful. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
giantmike wrote:

Rules wrote:

You now, that makes it sound like you could play with the 5th player on Artisans map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it intends to sound like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.