3 Posts

Lords of Hellas» Forums » General

Subject: Heroes and Strategies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ziemowit Gowin
msg tools
mb
Hi, I've got a question to those who've played more times in Lords of Hellas. Do heroes' special abilities determine the way players should play and if so, to what extent? Maybe only a little bit - but that's still sorta important to me. For example, I play Heracles - should I then focus on quests and/or monsters? I know that it's probably possible to win any strategy (i.e., victory condition) regardless of hero you play. The question remains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you answered your own question. I don't think any of the heroes *force* you to follow any particular strategy, but they can certainly give you an edge in following their 'preferred' strategy. But other factors can be significant, too, including artifacts or blessings you acquire, or the strategies followed by your opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Misztal
Poland
flag msg tools
Particular Heroes are slightly better suited for some strategies, mostly at the start. Heracles has better chance to start hunting early, Perseus can usurp some of more resistant Regions at the start (good for gaining control over Lands or Shrines), Achilles gives nice boost to conquest... But still, everyone can make each of strategies effective. Actual assymetry starts with Blessings and (more or less) Artifacts. You need to adapt your strategy to new abilities and toys you and your opponents get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.