Defenders of the Last Stand» Forums » General

Subject: game to easy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have read the rules 5 times so im confident im playing correctly but I find the game on scenario 2 easy. In fact I have never lost in 6 games. I wait and never attack the leaders directly until I have worn them all down to about 3 or 4 points, by using the 2 guns rule and special cards. then when im ready I attack them with lots of cards and special card bonus dices and wham I win.
I use 2 heros

any one else having this easy experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beaulieu
Canada
Timmins
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, they state that Scenario 2 is supposed to be the easiest of the three and they recommend it as an introductory scenario. We skipped that one entirely and tried Scenario 1... it was harder... but not hard, know what I mean?

We house ruled a few things to make the game more intense and it panned out much better. Maybe I'm trying too hard to make it as tough as Carnival Zombie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try scenario 3. Just make sure you have on butt armor, or it will get chewed off. Scenario 2 is the easiest, then 1, then 3.

A few rules to confirm:
1. You can't use special abilities or cards with attack modifiers to attack Earthers. Just straight-up dice.

2. In Stage 2, you add a raider of your choice to a space adjacent to Last Stand in addition to resolving the Raiders card. If there are ever 4 Raiders in Last Stand, you lose.

3. In Stage 4, you advance the remaining leader if any of the three Raiders cards would advance him/her.

4. Every time the Techies overrun, Crank gets an Ancient Tech card (face down).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks
rule 4 I kinda missed but to be honest the last 2 leaders I hit almost the same time and were finished off quickly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... let's see some other ones.

Joshuah attacks one adjacent space with aerial bombardment, not every adjacent space.

Unlike Raiders, you spend 1 Action to attack 1 Monstrosity in a space; not all Monstrosities.

Movement cards are not additive. So Jake couldn't spend a Motorcycle Defender Card to move 4 spaces. He's already got a vehicle, which is why he moves two spaces, so he should never spend Motorcycle Defender cards to move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.