Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished all the BattleLands today, so I decided to post them on their own thread. I have not created any new BLs, but have simply redone the artwork for the set that came with your AH TITAN boxed set plus THE BADLANDS expansion published in The General. Hope you all enjoy them.

These are completely compatible with Standard Titan [AH or VG]. Just drop the image onto your desktop, then paste onto a standard letter-sized blank paper in your favorite word processor and print them off.

These oversized BLs I'll be printing off on cardstock at my local Staples for my poker chip pimp set.

There are 21 in total. Here are the first 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the next 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And here are the last 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cornejo
United States
Orange
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These look great! Will you be putting them in a zip in the files section or just download the jpgs here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Hector.

Submitting images as files has always been a hassle for me [not sure why], and, having already dropped the images here, it seems a moot point.whistle

But I appreciate your enthusiasm! Hope these work for all of you as much as they do for me. Finalizing everything for TOWER TITAN has been fulfilling - I'm looking forward to 40 pounds of poker chips arriving soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cornejo
United States
Orange
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on. Usually people do it by zipping up better file formats like PNG or BMP files instead of JPG since JPG loses quality with repeated downloads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is everybody following my TOWER TITAN project? I posted the first two BATTLELANDS over on the MASTERBOARD thread with 'instructions' for how to use these [design notes if you will].

The thread is here - TOWER TITAN - expanded Masterboard/Creature base. The explanation is in the OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.B. Vandervecken
United States
Minnesnowta
flag msg tools
mb
Since I do not have a copy of the General that has the badlands expansion/variant, when do you use Tundra 1 and when do you use Tundra 2 Battlelands; is it just a 50/50 die roll or coin flip? Also, why is there just 1 Hills and 1 Mountains Battlelands map?

My first game of Titan was the Gorgonstar edition, it came with the old small battlelands and a slightly larger 'Reconing' battleland. It also came with the expansion with the battlelands like we see in the AH and FG versions. (Bought at GENCON '82) Your artwork is so nice that even if I don't play your variant more than once or twice, just getting your updated battlelands will be worth the cost of printing your variant out.

I also wish someone could do the same with the Unified rules to Colossus with their map and creatures and Battlelands.

Thanks again for the hard work you have put into this project !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.B. Vandervecken
United States
Minnesnowta
flag msg tools
mb
Will you make a nice, colorful summary chart for the combat effects of each hex type like they did in the AH version of the game? In the AH version, it was on the backside of the Plains battleland. It would be really good for introducing newer players to the combat effects of terrain (Or to settle silly disputes between 2 rule-lawyers who just might have forgotten something in the decade since they last played the game whistle )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, JB. And yes - I am putting together that chart on the back of the Plains BattleLands.

I thought the AH General piece was posted here somewhere, but I'm posting it here for your edification [it includes simple rules for using the new BattleLands].

The reason there are no new Mountains or Hills is because they didn't make any. As far as deciding which ones to use - just make up your own house rules [everybody else does it].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The reason there are no new Mountains or Hills is because they didn't make any.

But I did, some time ago.

http://www.diogenes.sacramento.ca.us/jdg_hills.pdf
http://www.diogenes.sacramento.ca.us/jdg_mountains.pdf
http://www.diogenes.sacramento.ca.us/jdg_tower.pdf

I also corrected the shading on their Town and Fort so that darker = lower, as on the regular Battlelands.

http://www.diogenes.sacramento.ca.us/jdg_town.pdf
http://www.diogenes.sacramento.ca.us/jdg_fort.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
JPG loses quality with repeated downloads.

My brain hurts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I also corrected the shading on their Town and Fort so that darker = lower, as on the regular Battlelands.

I got tired of trying to figure out which was which, hence the numbers in the hexes for elevation on the BattleLands that matter.

Looked at your BattleLands, decided to give them a pass. I'm not looking at doing an 'all inclusive' variant, meaning I recreate everything I can find. There are plenty of creatures I passed on [some were just silly].

But I'm glad you posted links to them so other folks can find them and decide for themselves whether to include them in their own homebrew.

PS - just got my BATTLELANDS printed at STAPLES - color on 11x17 cardstock. Cost me less than $20 for all 21. They look gorgeous, guys... just sayin'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.