Subject: Enemy Attack modifier. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugo Cunha
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys. I just decided to try the game for the first time but I am stuck on finding out what is the enemy attack modifier deck. I read that it was a bunch of cards that have an M on them but the only cards with an M have a 0 with a diagonal line and purple arrows on the sides...is this normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso M.
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
It is not important to win, it is important not to lose!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Hugo, there are 5 base attack modifier decks: 4 for the characters (with indexes 1 to 4) and one for the monsters with the index M. The all look the same. It is difficult to help you with this as I cannot remember how cards were originally packed.

If I were home I would take a picture for you, you could also browse images on the web see how the cards should look like If you happen to actually be missing them, well you should obviously contact the publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have 5 decks of 20 cards with big numbers on them and a small number from 1 to 4 or the letter "M" on the side. These are the attack modifier decks, 4 for the heroes and 1 for the monsters.

They look like this (these are the decks for the players):

The cards you mentioned are used for curses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso M.
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There you go!

And if you are really stuck without cards and no deck to use because you are already at maximum player count, try out this app and forget monster attack and action decks and condition markers:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esotericso...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Cunha
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys thank you so much for the help. I only have 4 decks with that kind of design. The only deck with an M only contains 10 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are only ten cards with an "M", then these could be the Curse Cards for the monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Cunha
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb

I only have these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso M.
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goremageddon wrote:
Hi guys thank you so much for the help. I only have 4 decks with that kind of design. The only deck with an M only contains 10 cards.

Well that is annoying. I hope Isaac will fix this for you. In the meantime if you play with less than 4 characters just use one of the remaining modifier decks for the monsters. Or turn to the app. Good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, these are the curse cards. You add those to the monster deck if you curse the monsters.

Easy solution(s) - as proposed by others:
- Use a player deck 1-4 if you only play with 2p or 3p.
- Use an app.

Write a mail to the customer service, wait, wait, wait and wait and you might get the additional cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Cunha
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yikes :S The problem is that I bought the game through a person who backed the last Campaign..I basically asked him to piggyback on his pledge... And now I really don´t want to bother him with this since I barely know him..I dont want to be "that guy"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Kaplan
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you don't mind paying a little bit of extra money, check out this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1762437/monster-attack-deck...

A community member made a printer studio project containing modifier decks for monsters and for additional players. You can follow his instructions and order cards that will be of comparable quality to the in-box cards.

The caveats are:

1. The ink ends up being darker on the printer studio cards than the in-box cards. So if you are mixing original cards with printer studio cards, you'll be able to tell the difference. This is not a problem if you just need the monster modifier deck, since you normally won't shuffle other cards into that deck.

2. The printer studio cards are 1mm smaller in one dimension. Again, only a pain if you're mixing printer studio cards with in-box cards. You won't do this much with monster modifiers.

It'll be about $10-$20 after shipping. Don't remember the exact number. I ordered the #5-#8 player modifier decks so that I could easier manage multiple campaigns at a time, and I've been pretty happy so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Cunha
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
THanks everyone!!!

Wow the game is kinda complicated in the beginning...

I still didn´t understand a lot of the mechanics...mainly the combat..

How does the Initiative work?

Do you just use it so you can try and start before or after (as per your strategy) someone else? Do the cards need to be played in order of Initiative after? I don´t get that part...

Do I remove one modifier at a time until the deck is empty and then reshuffle?

If I used the Movement 2 or Attack 2 that are on the left in small letters, does the card get discarded or lost?

Also, when on the monsters turn, do they all attack before if their Initiative has a lower number than ours (meaning that if there are 6 monsters they will all do their actions before us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Goremageddon wrote:
THanks everyone!!!

Do you just use it so you can try and start before or after (as per your strategy) someone else? Do the cards need to be played in order of Initiative after? I don´t get that part...

You pick one of your 2 cards for this turn to be your initiative value for determining turn order between yourself, your friends, and the monsters. When it's your turn, you can play your cards in either order.

Goremageddon wrote:

Generally yes, however if you hit your 2x or NULL, you reshuffle (they have a little circle icon in the corner to remind you). Additionally, as you progress rolling modifiers, advantage, or disadvantage may make you draw more than 1 card per attack. Also, if you are using an attack action that is hitting multiple enemies, each enemy gets a different modifier.

Goremageddon wrote:

If I used the Movement 2 or Attack 2 that are on the left in small letters, does the card get discarded or lost?

Just discarded

Goremageddon wrote:

Also, when on the monsters turn, do they all attack before if their Initiative has a lower number than ours (meaning that if there are 6 monsters they will all do their actions before us?

Yes. All enemies of the same type go at the same time. So if you have 5 bandit guards, and they flip initiative 10, they all go at init 10.

EDIT: To add these links, and some typos

There are some useful video play throughs out there, I highly recommend watching them. A lot of the 'basic' questions are explained in them.

Here is a campaign helper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUx7riwsrwY&t=18s

And here is the basic gaming rules:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSWMvXT6jCw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nmkaplan wrote:
1. The ink ends up being darker on the printer studio cards than the in-box cards. So if you are mixing original cards with printer studio cards, you'll be able to tell the difference. This is not a problem if you just need the monster modifier deck, since you normally won't shuffle other cards into that deck.

2. The printer studio cards are 1mm smaller in one dimension. Again, only a pain if you're mixing printer studio cards with in-box cards. You won't do this much with monster modifiers.

You shuffle in Curse and sometimes Bless cards into the Monster AttMod deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Cunha
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
squegeeboo wrote:
Goremageddon wrote:
THanks everyone!!!

You pick one of your 2 cards for this turn to be your initiative value for determining turn order between yourself, your friends, and the monsters. When it's your turn, you can play your cards in either order.

Goremageddon wrote:

Generally yes, however if you hit your 2x or NULL, you reshuffle (they have a little circle icon in the corner to remind you). Additionally, as you progress rolling modifiers, advantage, or disadvantage may make you draw more than 1 card per attack. Also, if you are using an attack action that is hitting multiple enemies, each enemy gets a different modifier.

Goremageddon wrote:

Just discarded

Goremageddon wrote:

Yes. All enemies of the same type go at the same time. So if you have 5 bandit guards, and they flip initiative 10, they all go at init 10.

EDIT: To add these links, and some typos

There are some useful video play throughs out there, I highly recommend watching them. A lot of the 'basic' questions are explained in them.

Here is a campaign helper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUx7riwsrwY&t=18s

And here is the basic gaming rules:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSWMvXT6jCw

You are awesome!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just realized I gave an incomplete answer on this bit:

If you draw the 2x or NULL, you reshuffle at the end of the round, not immediately for example, all monsters use the same modifier deck, so if you have 5 archers, 5 bandits, and 5 skeletons, you wouldn't reshuffle if an archer hit the 2x until the round was done, unless you run out of modifier cards.

Additionally, you don't reshuffle from blessings or curses, but you do remove them from the deck, and put them back into their piles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
nmkaplan wrote:

Sometimes? I love cursing my monsters :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
horstderadler wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:
nmkaplan wrote:

Sometimes? I love cursing my monsters :-)

Hence why I used "sometimes" with the Bless and not the Curse. haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.