Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Ascension: Delirium» Forums » General

Subject: Ascension: Delirium card preview - Pollen Pixie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Dreamborn cards are back in Ascension: Delirium! When a Dreamborn card is added to the Center Row, all players receive one Insight token. When a player acquires a Dreamborn card, s/he'll receive another Insight token.

The Pollen Pixie will prove to be a powerful Hero over the course of the game, especially if it's acquired early!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite superior relative to its cost! wow

--worth 2, not 1pt
--also gives +1 honor
--has the Dreamborn keyword.


Yet, I can't put my finger on it being a 4-cost card though!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take superior over inferior, though. I felt like a lot of cards in the last dreamscape set were undesirable except in very specific cases.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
adamxpaul wrote:
I'll take superior over inferior, though. I felt like a lot of cards in the last dreamscape set were undesirable except in very specific cases.


Really? I felt it was where they dropped the ball in terms of cost/power/VP ratio.

I mean, Hedron Berserker is just the poorest design in the game, what with being so OP and yet giving so many VP at the end of the game. I once purchased it on turn 1 and drew it on turn 3 to purchase the 7-cost dragon that gives 4 runes + insight for heroes you buy. It was not a fun game.

This card is strictly better than the Stag and pretty much contributes to power creep. Not very interesting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd forgotten about him, but yea, I did say a lot, not all. Hedron Berserker was definitely... berserk.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
adamxpaul wrote:
I'd forgotten about him, but yea, I did say a lot, not all. Hedron Berserker was definitely... berserk.
And that's even before you have 3 Constructs in play for BOTH +3 Runes *and* +3 Power!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Power creep? Stag always sucked. This card isn't anything crazy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
Power creep? Stag always sucked. This card isn't anything crazy.


Stag is great for many reasons.
Don't want to pollute your deck with an Infantry, can't buy anything in the center row? Waste not and grab two VPs.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
jhochges wrote:
Power creep? Stag always sucked. This card isn't anything crazy.


Stag is great for many reasons.
Don't want to pollute your deck with an Infantry, can't buy anything in the center row? Waste not and grab two VPs.


I strongly disagree, there are many other better cards. There are very little times where it's the only card producing Runes.

However, I would be interested in hearing the other reasons it's great.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
I strongly disagree, there are many other better cards. There are very little times where it's the only card producing Runes.

However, I would be interested in hearing the other reasons it's great.


Eh, if you don't like it then you don't
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
jhochges wrote:
I strongly disagree, there are many other better cards. There are very little times where it's the only card producing Runes.

However, I would be interested in hearing the other reasons it's great.


Eh, if you don't like it then you don't


That's true, but I was hoping that you could provide some extra insight as you mentioned the stage was "great for many reasons". Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
jhochges wrote:
I strongly disagree, there are many other better cards. There are very little times where it's the only card producing Runes.

However, I would be interested in hearing the other reasons it's great.


Eh, if you don't like it then you don't


That's true, but I was hoping that you could provide some extra insight as you mentioned the stage was "great for many reasons". Thanks!
Lunar Stag is also nice where it's a l/h card. IIRC, every single set has at least one card with a Unite effect for l/h, so being able to trigger those extra effects are nice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
That's true, but I was hoping that you could provide some extra insight as you mentioned the stage was "great for many reasons". Thanks!


Well it's more about design than anything.
First, it's lifebound. So it triggers unite.
Then it offers you a choice. It's not a mindless "play/profit" pattern where you don't to think about what you're doing, like this here card, that you'll just slap down because. You'll have to think carefully about when in your turn you'll play the stag and whether you want immediate profit, or long-term profit. Whereas this does both so you don't care about what you do. Just slam it down.
The stag gives the option to not pollute your deck with other cards when the center row is comprised of, say, Mechana Initiates and big monsters. Take 2 VP, optionally trigger one of those Enlightened constructs that reward you for buying nothing, and you're golden. That's worth more than this here card, that you just... Slam down, brainless.

The stag creates a small problem, that you'll have to think within a reasonable vacuum, to solve. It will stimulate you as a player by offering you a choice. This here card doesn't do that, just contributes to power creep.
As such, though the stag is a weaker card in terms of power and rentability for paid cost, it is a card I find infinitely more interesting.

And with that said, given the choice, I'll always buy the pollen pixie over the stag of course.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.