Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Michal mentioned this in the errata thread, but these two counters are identical (other than the name). Is this an error? In Desert Storm, Aim-9 are normal weapons and Python are Special. Why would anyone ever take a Python when Aim9 is free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch!! I would like to know this answer too

Is this the campaign where you are limited on 10 Aim Missiles per week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a good question. Checking through the campaigns, it looks like every campaign with both of them have the "Limited Ordnance" special rule. So looks like there is a reason!

Except the 2022 campaign. That one doesn't have the special rule :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I put those in because Pythons were basically Israeli AIM-9s. The Israelis also were limited in what they could get their hands on, so that's where the "Limit: X AIM- 7/9" rule came in. If a player wanted to equip more AtA missiles per week than their allotment, they would need to pay SO's to manufacture the Shafrir and Pythons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KevinVerssen wrote:
I put those in because Pythons were basically Israeli AIM-9s. The Israelis also were limited in what they could get their hands on, so that's where the "Limit: X AIM- 7/9" rule came in. If a player wanted to equip more AtA missiles per week than their allotment, they would need to pay SO's to manufacture the Shafrir and Pythons.

I love this explanation. Thank you.

Any thoughts on the lack of the special rule in 2022? It seems that AIMs are unlimited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured that 2022 was going to be hard enough, and with F-35's being able to carry a whole bunch of them, I didn't want the player to have to keep track. Plus, it gives this "all out Win or Lose" feeling of desperation where Israel doesn't see a tomorrow, so throw everything at the invaders!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KevinVerssen wrote:
I figured that 2022 was going to be hard enough, and with F-35's being able to carry a whole bunch of them, I didn't want the player to have to keep track. Plus, it gives this "all out Win or Lose" feeling of desperation where Israel doesn't see a tomorrow, so throw everything at the invaders!

Cool! I'll never use Pythons in 2022, but I like the reason for including them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.