Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Dissapointed about the flimsy Twilight Sanctum box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A. Beardsell
United Kingdom
Gwent
flag msg tools
As a collector and having all the lovely designed boxes of MoM I now have this utterly horrible piece of cardboard that hurts my eyes on my shelf! For a company like FF that makes a mint, I think the least they could do is at least provide us with the standard box to match all the rest, guys a few pennies will not break your bank.

I must remark that after all this time and in comparison to other miniatures you make the figurines still do not stand up right and do not fit into the horrid black stands (the holes aren't even aligned) and when you pick the miniatures up they keep falling off not to mention the tiles that go inside that keep falling out!

I am not complaining about the price here but I am very disappointed about the quality of the product we are receiving. I do hope that down the line and after enough complaints we can go back to the original hard cover boxes you initially sent with the game?

I would love to hear the real reason behind this from FF and if this is how they are going fourth in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The box is garbage, so that's where it went.

The design of the miniatures is poor, to say the least. There aren't any that I've found that haven't needed super glue.

I think you're getting this quality from here on out, sadly.

Despite all of the above, the game is fun as hell. I'd prefer a subscription service at this point with a monthly DLC. I'd be all over that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arqtbeard wrote:

I would love to hear the real reason behind this from FF and if this is how they are going fourth in the future.

1) money.

2) undoubtedly.

I fully understand FFG needs to (and deserves to) make money, production costs continue to rise, and marketing tells you it's better to lower quality than it is to raise price.

That being said, it's extremely annoying when an expensive "collectible style" game changes production model mid-stream and/or can't figure out the basic fundamentals of miniatures (e.g. functioning stands).

For a company whose business model is predicated on OCD set collection, FFG has always seemed surprisingly clueless about their customer base.

They've been selling LCG for a decade but only just now are marketing a (pending) official card box to hold their product. And only for that single product line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Taylor
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. FFG (Asmodee) has seriously been going downhill on the quality factor. In the last five games I bought from them, I have had replacements on:

Mansions of Madness 2nd (Broken Serpent)
Mansions Figure Tile Expansion: (Duplicate tile, missing one)
Imperial Assault (Broken Wookie)
Mice & Mystics (Broken Mouse)
and T.I.M.E. Stories (Double printed side on one die)

These were bought from various sources as well including: Amazon, Ebay, Cool Stuff and Minature Market.

Its a good thing the games are so fun, but for the prices they charge the quality should be better. Someone isn't checking the work. Either way, It is a far cry from what they used to be.

To their credit, they DID replace every single issue I had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought a decent number of FFG products from numerous sources. Thankfully I haven't ever had any missing components. Just one broken Gamorrean guard for Imperial Assault that I was able to repair on my own with a little super glue (broken head off of spear which was in the box, just snapped off).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feffe Aldritch
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Arqtbeard wrote:
As a collector and having all the lovely designed boxes of MoM I now have this utterly horrible piece of cardboard that hurts my eyes on my shelf! For a company like FF that makes a mint, I think the least they could do is at least provide us with the standard box to match all the rest, guys a few pennies will not break your bank.

I must remark that after all this time and in comparison to other miniatures you make the figurines still do not stand up right and do not fit into the horrid black stands (the holes aren't even aligned) and when you pick the miniatures up they keep falling off not to mention the tiles that go inside that keep falling out!

I am not complaining about the price here but I am very disappointed about the quality of the product we are receiving. I do hope that down the line and after enough complaints we can go back to the original hard cover boxes you initially sent with the game?

I totally agree. And the reason is of course financial, what else?
As any healthy company they would care a lot about their customers, which I think FFG does.
What one could do is to arrange a petition and clearly state what changes or improvments that needs to be done, from a customers point of view. All in kind manners ofcourse.
Depending on the amount of petitioners and formulation, they would be bound to listen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is too busy putting all their time and energy in producing excellent quality miniatures for Starwars Legion to go head to head with Games Workshop these days. Not a week goes by without FFG promoting new content for Legion.

As a big fan of MOM 1 and 2 (and EH, AH, D2 and IA) friends and I are losing confidence in how FFG conducts business as of late. (And it is worth mentioning they aren't doing any favors for X-Wing collectors either as far as I have seen in some threads.) FFG is dropping the ball and there are plenty of upcoming publishers who know how to please the ever growing crowd of boardgamers. Better communication and interaction with their customers on BGG for example. And although Kickstarters does certainly has its downsides, when I back an interesting project from an experienced publisher via Kickstarter I know what content I can expect to get at least. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are plenty of fans out there who purchased a lot of Descent 2 stuff in the last few years having the impression that there would be more digital campaigns becoming available over time. Well, after approx. a year without any news or developments on that part, those customers know better now.

Nonetheless, I know it is all about sales business. However, with the market getting more crowded by the month FFG could definitely do more for all their "loyal" fans out there. Proper communication isn't that expensive, even though it might raise or lower customer expectations.

Back to topic about quality miniatures (besides the flimsy box); I think CMON knows how to deliver on that aspect: Eric Lang's Death My Die.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1993960/about-time-some-dec...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bo eskew
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought arkham horror recently and i used the box as my monster cup.
aside from that the box is complete garbage, especially since i have almost
no room left in the other boxes to store my stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.