Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
We played our first game yesterday, and in 2-player mode we already got through the full event deck. Is there any expansion or something that adds more cards to that deck? The flavor text is delightful...the first time -- after that it just seems very mechanical. Anyone else run into this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vande Ven Jr.
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you get through 15 events before the game was done? Seems a bit crazy!

Currently, there are no expansions that add event cards. There is Islebound: Metropolis Expansion, which adds some things that look pretty cool (I haven't tried it), but no events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't think we were playing wrong -- the events are a free action, right? Unless it costs an action to claim an event and then costs an action to play it (on a later turn), but that doesn't seem intuitive. Both of us were first-time players, so we were just doing whatever seemed to work. It seemed like a really good way to get diplomacy points to take over islands -- we didn't take over many with attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Martinez
United States
Sherwood
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yah, I feel like there's too few events as well. Still a good game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Luongo
msg tools
You are supposed to shuffle the events and keep going with them. They don't run out. The Trumpets at Farwold do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I know that they don't run out -- but when it's the same events every game, that makes for no fun! I want events to be an unexpected thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.