HighTibetMountain SG
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, im looking for recommendation (out of 3 games).
Any Length of time and weight.
Preferably plays differently from our favourites.
Usually play with 2p-3p.
Some of our favourites are
- Fresco
- Agricola
- My Village
- Village
- Clans of Caledonia
- Crisis

I am considering
- The Gallerist
- Euphoria, build a better dystopia
- Trajan

Thank you in advance!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Village Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All 3 are excellent games.

In my opinion, Trajan is both the best of the 3 and the most different feeling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
All 3 are good, but The Gallerist is my favorite of the 3 (and the heaviest).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Euphoria is the odd duck in that set. Very pedestrian gameplay. Despite the vibrant board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trajan is one of my favorite games, and the mancala for action selection is one of my favorite mechanisms in a game.

I haven't played the other 2, but I own The Gallerist and it's very high on my want-to-play list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Euphoria, but I have played the other two.

If you're looking for a game that feels the most different mechanically, I'd recommend Trajan over The Gallerist. As others have noted, the mancala in Trajan is very neat. The mechanisms in The Gallerist didn't feel especially unique to me, although the theme and components are notably better than those in Trajan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hatuey Diaz
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Based off of what you own, you may want to check out Concordia. We just picked it up ourselves and are really enjoying it. While not the heaviest game ever, it plays very smoothly and I feel like you’re always making interesting decisions. There’s also more player interaction than you find in most euros but it’s surprisingly friendly. Instead of constantly blocking other players you’re often giving them something, which can be just as agonizing. Really fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trajan is Feldian point salad goodness with an interesting mancala mechanism mixed in.

The Gallerist is more complex and economic. Lots of moving parts, and you have to figure out how everything works together.

We own both, and I feel like we got more for our money with Trajan, mostly because it gets played more. We like them both a lot, but it's often hard to find both the time and the mental energy to play something like The Gallerist. Trajan is much easier to get to the table.

I haven't played Euphoria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.