Subject: Buy This Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P M
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I am now playing my second play through of 1754 Conquest, but this time with the Native Alliance Expansion. I will never play it again without. Easy to implement, does not drastically change the game...but really effectively brings out more of the historical flavor by increasing the role of the Native Americans even more.

I find the role and position of the Native Americans in this war just fascinating. They were really stuck in an impossible situation between these two world powers. All the while attempting to maintain claim to their lands, culture, and lives! I could only imagine the difficult decisions tribal leadership were being forced to make. Plus they played such a pivotal role in the success of either side throughout the war. This expansion just adds a little more value to the Native Americans and "brings them out" in this game a little more.

I love this expansion, anyone out there reading this, if you enjoy this game and the history of the French & Indian War seems like a "no brainer" to me...

BUY IT! You will not want to play this game again without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I was so tempted, but the to cost and shipping of 40$ CAD for 15 cards is on the steep side for me.

Part of me wonders if such small modules might be more effectively applied as free internet print and play files. It could possibly attract more people to buying the game itself.

You could still make bigger expansions to sell, but smaller modules like this as free bits might be cool. (Though, I might be under appreciating the play testing/balancing that goes into modules like this)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon L
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same situation. I really really wish they found a way to distribute it just north of the border at a more affordable price.

I really want it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
That said, I'd probably pick it up with another order...perhaps when the miniatures for 1754 come out or if i cave in and get 1775 (i just got 878 vikings from 401games for a good price)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.