Hide
6 Posts

Star Wars Miniatures» Forums » General

Subject: Miniature Durability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Diggles
msg tools
Hello all! I went to a local store recently and discovered they have a boatload of Star Wars miniatures. I was planning on getting some to use for a wargame and I was wondering how durable the miniatures were? Are there any sets that should be avoided?

Thanks for all your help!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl M Langenderfer
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
RedHawk
badge
SAGES
mbmbmbmbmb
There all pretty durable. some bend out of shape. You can fix them by putting them in fairly warm to hot-ish water bending them back and dipping them in to cool water. Some of them with light sabers can be a bit fragile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
Expect 25% bent miniatures.
Temporary fix with hot/cool water works. Temporary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james howlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, lightsabers and other long weapons (pikes, blaster rifles, whips etc) start to bend and droop, but I've never had anything break. Other than that, I've had no problems

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Diggles
msg tools
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hello there
msg tools
mb
i have recently purchased approx 25 minis and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of them, both the sculpts and especially the painting.

the lightsabers in particularly are soft but at least that prevents them snapping off.

would very much recommend them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.