Lorne Kletke
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I'm preparing my game, Iron Lake, for crowdfunding in early 2019 and am trying to build leads for early campaign support. I'm trying to figure out if (a) Essen is right venue for this, and (b)if Author's Workshop area of the convention is a good bet given the reduced cost versus a regular booth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martina Frohme
Germany
flag msg tools
The Dice & Mystics Board Game Guild say: Good play - better day!
badge
We can still hear you, Major Tom. Thank you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you can sort of rent a table and two chairs to demo your game in a special area; not sure if that is per day or for the entire fair though, sorry. Also I don't know anything about the workshop.

When testing your game with an audience, finding out if it attracts people and how it plays with a spontaneous game group, you could do what others have done: Come to our event on Saturday night, demo your game. We're more than half booked already, but there are still whole tables. Free entry, free coffee/tea/biscuits, and we can reserve you a table. There will be 155 guests present, also quite a few people from the industry and reviewers (although the reviewers and publishers are just there for some r&r, just like everybody else). Last year we had Tsukoyumi Full Moon Down, Canyon Cup, Afluentes and some others.

You find us on www.diceandmystics.de and on Going to Essen and want to play? - The Dice & Mystics Fringe 2018.

You're very welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.