Hide
5 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » Variants

Subject: Half tracks as infantry transports - house rule. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
General Whiskers
msg tools
Half-tracks as transports. My house rules.
This is my attempt to represent a mechanised infantry unit carried in half-tracks.

If a unit is equipped with half-tracks it may, according to the scenario, be deployed transported or deployed.

If transported, the half-track fights using the normal combat rules for half-tracks.
The infantry unit is integral to the half-track and is effectively ignored.
Thus if the half-track is destroyed, so is the transported unit.

If deployed, the half-tracks are placed within one hexagon of the deployed infantry and can be used in the “replacement” rôle, but not in a combat rôle.

It takes one turn to embark or disembark from half-tracks. The two units must be in adjacent hexagons.

If disembarking the infantry unit is placed in an adjacent hexagon and must stop and may not battle.
If embarking the infantry unit is removed from the adjacent hexagon and joins the transporting unit.

Experimental rules.
When entering a town or village, the half-track is restricted to roads. Any other action requires the transported infantry to disembark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note. Roads do not appear in many scenarios. They are often abstracted away because they have no real benefit to the scenario except to pretty it up (besides the additional movement point that is rarely relevant except in breakthrough format IMO, and then not really anyway). So I wouldn't base a unit rule on the existence of road tiles in a scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I home rules something similar a long time ago. Check out this document of possible home rules that I use:

Rongammers House Rules
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/vmsi8x9dyk/Ronga...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
Just a note. Roads do not appear in many scenarios. They are often abstracted away because they have no real benefit to the scenario except to pretty it up (besides the additional movement point that is rarely relevant except in breakthrough format IMO, and then not really anyway). So I wouldn't base a unit rule on the existence of road tiles in a scenario.

rules in scenarios can be very helpfull is my experience. Infantry becomes "special forces" when moving on a road to attack. you can close the distance to your enemy in one turn and still attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
antoi wrote:
pisqueeter wrote:

rules in scenarios can be very helpfull is my experience. Infantry becomes "special forces" when moving on a road to attack. you can close the distance to your enemy in one turn and still attack.

Yes, but the unit has to start on a road and stay on it to benefit. In a standard size scenario it just doesn't seem to happen that often in my experience to really matter. I'm not saying one shouldn't use roads in scenarios designs though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.