Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I ordered this from Amazon, and upon receiving the box is absolutely awful quality. It's flimsy cheap material which feels nothing at all like a Fantasy Flight Games product. There's no traditional Fantasy Flight insert, just some crappy cardboard. And the cards were shrink wrapped tightly unlike the base game (which I opened at the same time as this expansion), so even the cards themselves were packaged differently.

Looking at the cards themselves, and the rule book, it seems OK. But I can't help shake the feeling that something is wrong here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JimJam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
How do you define "boardgame addiction"?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure you got the real deal. Box is trash, I bought mine in person from FLGS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience the packaging for it is different than for the bae box/night of the Zealot. It’s not so much a box as a bendy cardstock encasement for the cards (which are just packaged as you described). I’d imagine this is to cut costs/the footprint of it.

Assuming the cards and rules look legit, I would suspect you have a real copy. But I agree, the packaging isn’t very high quality or anything special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the new FFG packaging for AH expansions. I bought my copy a year ago and it was in the "standard" hard sided expansion box.

Don't know if that's true for all their LCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted anderson
United States
southington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it sounds legit. FFG has moved to these cheap, flimsy boxes for the deluxe LCG expansions. I work part time at a local shop and have seen the changes made in packaging over the past year or so. The 60 card, monthly packs used to be in small cardboard boxes (now in the plastic clamshells) and the deluxe expansions used to be in thicker cardboard square boxes (now in that flimsy card stock you hold). Just a cost cutting measure and really, most LCG players dump all their excess packaging and keep their cards in the core box or a bigger card box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
... Leave early.
mbmbmbmbmb
spunXtain wrote:
So I ordered this from Amazon, and upon receiving the box is absolutely awful quality. It's flimsy cheap material which feels nothing at all like a Fantasy Flight Games product. There's no traditional Fantasy Flight insert, just some crappy cardboard. And the cards were shrink wrapped tightly unlike the base game (which I opened at the same time as this expansion), so even the cards themselves were packaged differently.

Looking at the cards themselves, and the rule book, it seems OK. But I can't help shake the feeling that something is wrong here...

Unfortunately, it's almost certain to be the real deal. FFG's rationale is to assume that players aren't going to use those boxes anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Osborn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely legit. Doesn't matter too much to me, I do keep the box and put it on the shelf next to the base box cause it looks like, but all the cards go into the sorted shoebox anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
If it came with some hooch, it's bootleg. Otherwise not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the real deal to me. The thing that would tip you off about it being bootleg would be the quality of the cards not matching the quality of the core cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I approve of this change. The old LCG expansion boxes (heavy cardboard, linen finish) were very nice, and perfectly useless. It hurt me to throw them away, but I didn't have space for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Stratton
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
People keep their lcg boxes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ries
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep my boxes. They have art on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.