Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Kahlich
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in a holding pattern right now until September and want to test the waters: what will everyone be doing with their 1.0 stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been in the game in ages, yet I'm not motivated to sell or give away my stuff.

This weekend I'm running a special event for X-WIng with multiple players and using tweaked rules to accommodate the scenario and pilots. I wonder if that's what I should do with my stuff, keep it on hand to create these custom flight scenarios for others to enjoy.

Maybe someday I'll upgrade to 2.0 and use the new mechanics but... I'm happy with Armada as my regular FFG minis game that I keep investing in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keeping everything. At this point I'm not sure I'm going to upgrade to 2.0 anyway, since I only ever play at home with the kids. However, even if I did upgrade, there's no reason to dump the ships since you can still use the models with 2.0. I see a lot of people talking about selling everything but I really don't understand why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
will anderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping all my stuff since I can use the models with 2.0
I still have the Heroes of Aturi Cluster stuff which uses 1.0 and very casual friends that I play with.

Gonna preorder a 2.0 core set to get the promo damage deck to start, then get some conversion kits at some point.

With how casually I play, I'm not in a hurry to upgrade, but I NEED that promo damage deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
having a bonfire and making smores!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very similar except I preordered all the kits from my FLGS.

HOTAC is big right now with the group. We might be doing an Empire or Scum version next to get through the summer.

v1 isn't dead here, but there are folks looking forward to v2.
Most have large collections and play competitively. (not me)

All are definitely filling holes in their collections now since we know what will be included in the kits ship-wise.

There is also talk on the net about a 1.5 hybrid which uses cards from v1 and rules from v2.
I'm waiting to see what they come up with so as to keep my v1 cards viable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m thinking of X-Wing 1.0 as a closed system. I hadn’t played in a while, but now I am buying the last couple of ships I am missing. I also started making paired up thematic lists (eg Trench Run Rebels vs Black Squadron, 60 pt Dash Rendar vs 60 pt Boba Fett in pseudo-Shadows of the Empire style, etc), where theme trumps power (so R2-D2 has to go on Luke if he is in the list). I have Core 2.0 Set preordered, but I haven’t decided on conversion sets yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To parrot the previous two posts, not only am I not selling anything, I am also buying up ships that I had previously not been in a hurry to get. Since I am primarily a 1.0 player, I don't want to miss out on the cards that come in those packs. Again, the models will be usable no matter what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True North Gamer
Canada
GTA
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Regardless of what happens with 2.0 my 1.0 collection is still a good keepsake even if I don't play with the miniatures.

I plan to freeze buying anymore 1.0 and game what I have with friends or Solo AI's.

Once 2.0 arrives I will start a new collection to supercede my 1.0 sets. I'm hesitating to spend $50+ for the various 2.0 upgrade kits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished my collection so I can field everything without proxies for a 6 player HotAC. I also joined https://www.thegamecrafter.com/crowdsale/star-flickers-big-b... to pick up some nice HotAC terrain.

I've said it before but the game is still great waves 1 - 3. I'd still keep at least those ships. I have all the huge ships for Rebels and Imperials, and there's still a lot of fun to be had with epic.

I've accepted that there aren't going to be 1.0 games going on at the local store, and X-Wing 1.0 will be relegated to the home table, but I'm ok with that.

I'll probably sell off my later wave ships and like the prequels and the last Jedi, pretend they never happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wray
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are calling it Classic X WING Miniature game and playing it. We got too many new games to consider rebuying hundreds of dollars worth to play the basically the same game. If the conversion packs were priced lower so we could cover all our minis (I got seven TIES that would require two packs), I would consider updating and getting the new base game.

Blood Bowl season is upon us anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm continuing to play it, and completely ignoring 2.0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuffing all the cards and cardboard into a closet until my wife makes me recycle it all.

I'm going to GenCon and getting one of each kit plus starter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
When I started this it was to have a nice in-house collection to play out battles form the Original Trilogy. Never had the intention of buying a ship not in those movies, nor jumping into the tourney scene.

I play with my kids...they understand the game entirely.

I cannot see a reason to buy another product here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yenam wrote:
having a bonfire and making smores!

BGG needs a laugh react like Facebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a solo casual player focused on the OT ships, I'll keep all my 1.0 stuff and keep on playing X-Wing 1.0
Actually, I'm thinking about buying some 1.0 ships as long as it's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, I'm new to this game as of a month ago, so the opinions expressed above is bad news for me as I was hoping to pick up some ships on the cheap. The initial knee-jerk reaction was, sell-sell-sell. But very few collections have appeared on eBay or my local auction sight.
I will continue to buy up v1.0 and have no desire to switch to v2.0 even at this early stage.
May I just slip in an off-topic question? I have watched a few YT videos now and see players using a laser to ascertain firing arcs, where can these be purchased? I'm guessing they are not a Fantasy Flight product. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up mine from my game store. $12 Canadian I think.

Once people know more about v2 and it gets nearer to September, things will be widely available or not at all (if people have a change of heart)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie_Spawn wrote:

May I just slip in an off-topic question? I have watched a few YT videos now and see players using a laser to ascertain firing arcs, where can these be purchased? I'm guessing they are not a Fantasy Flight product. Thanks.

I'm using this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keeping 1.0 and my massive deathstar. I'm hoping 1.0 will crash and I'll pick up more ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
I'm keeping 1.0 and my massive deathstar. I'm hoping 1.0 will crash and I'll pick up more ships.

Not going to happen since the ships are usable in 2.0, either via the conversion kits or upgrade packs in wave 2 and beyond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Sithrak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tons of X-Wing 1.0 stuff, 100s of cards. I'm probably going to get rid of all of it (not the ships). I may keep a few of the alt art cards that look nice. But as the 2.0 ships come out I may replace a few of those too if the scupls are really nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sold all of my 1.0 other than the epic ships that I'm currently keeping. I want the updated models (for those that are changing) and hated all the non-OT ships in my collection so I decided against conversion kits in favor of a fresh start where I will buy only OT ships for thematic home games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping it all as my group has no interest in upgrading and we are absolutely loving Heroes of the Aturi Cluster so much that I don’t see us playing x-wing any other way again lol it is so darn good and I would highly recommend anyone that hasn’t tried it do so before parting with their 1.0 stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.