Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
The game comes with 6 resource cubes, and page 5 of the rule book says

Quote:
Resource Cubes all start out in the Enlightenment bag.

However, on page 6 (describing setup), it says

Quote:
Place 5 Resource Cubes for each player... in the Enlightenment Bag.

Is the extra resource cube just an extra? If not, how does it come into play? I can think of one way it might: If you expand your economic influence, and have only one cube in the bag (i.e., you already have 4 out on the board), then you could use this extra cube. But if this is the intention, I think it ought to be made explicit. Also, is it then intended that the 6 cubes are a hard limit, so that a player cannot have more than 5 cubes on the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was just included as an extra in case one gets lost. There was also an option for people to buy extra stations as an add on which would require an extra cube.

Each player should only have 5 though in a normal game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks. I appreciate the inclusion of an extra, but it is odd that they didn't mention this, to avoid confusion. I reread the rules a couple of times looking for where the extra cube might come in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.