Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakob Törneke
Sweden
Hägersten
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Hi all,
I'm just starting to plan the big LoL event with a bunch of friends and have a question for those of you who have played.
How long does it take compared to a regular camaing scenario. Is it about as long, twice as long or something in between?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably best-especially for a full 12 players -to allow about 4 hours.

Minor spoilers inline, just stuff that's covered in the set-up instructions in the box:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Each of the three Acts in the game has a special keyword, Timed, which means a couple of things - but for the topic at hand, it impose a time limit on the act. You can choose what that time limit is for your own event, but the recommended is about an hour. You then want to allow time for people to arrive, cover the introductory stuff and get into groups and do set-up, plus a little time between acts, and pack-away: all of which adds up to giving yourself 4 hours, or maybe a touch more.

When I played it, we ran with an hour or act but I seem to recall we allowed ourselves a little flex in the first act (i.e. We overran by maybe 10 min or so). That said I think the latter acts were faster so we made it back up by the end, but 4 hours was probably about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic with 9 players, was 3 or 4 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander van der Drift
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can this scenario also be played solo or by two players? Playing 12-handed is going to be a bit of a challenge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Should you plan to sit the different groups fairly close together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDragon wrote:
Can this scenario also be played solo or by two players? Playing 12-handed is going to be a bit of a challenge

You can play the scenario in its 'standard' mode with up to four players, where you just play one of the groups at a time -and you can choose to play the three versions of the scenario one after another as a sort of mini-campaign if you wish. It will be a lot more like a standard scenario if you do that though- what makes Labyrinths truly special is the Epic Multiplayer Mode (which needs a minimum of 3 people, and would ideally have 6-12 assuming you don't want to sit playing the game solo while others are playing a different group nearby).

Talking of which...

monorico wrote:
Should you plan to sit the different groups fairly close together?

Yes. The groups don't want to be peering over each others' game while sitting at their own, if possible, but you will need frequent communication throughout. You should probably all be in the same room and only a few seconds'walk between tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Boardman
msg tools
I think it took us about 5 hours to play through with 12 investigators. I get the impression this might have been a little longer than some other groups, but it is probably wise to allow about this length of time unless you ruthlessly enforce a timer on the rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
If you play the epic multi player you are all supposed to build stand alone decks correct? Not level 0 decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Can 2 people in different groups play the same investigator?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.