Hide
3 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mindthief mind controlling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alfred GG
msg tools
When an ally(Mindthief) mind controlling my character to move to an hexagon containing a coin. Does that coin belong to me or my ally(the Mindthief)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The coin stays where it is.
End-of-turn looting only occurs at the end of YOUR turn.
Thus, you only pick up coins (or treasure) that are in the hex that you occupy at the end of YOUR turn. Since the Mindthief moved you on their turn, not yours, the coin stays there.

Now if you end up not moving during YOUR turn, once it rolls around, and end your turn in that same hex with that same coin, then you'd pick it up. But not until then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay basically said it all. Though I might point out one thing for clarification, moving to a hex does not mean you automatically pick up loot that is lying on that hex. There are only two ways to pick up any coins or treasure (rulebook pg. 27), and those are:
1) End-of-turn looting, that is comnpulsory, meaning if you end your turn on a hex with a coin or a treasure, you have to pick it up.
2) With "loot actions". They let you loot everything within range specified by the ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.