6 Posts

The Pirate Republic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Which Chaos cards to use for solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Mangz
msg tools
mb
The solo rules state that for a solo game you’re only supposed to use Chaos cards with the MP symbol. My first thought is tha this is odd, I would think MP stands for multiplayer and would be used only in multiplayer games. Having played solo several times it does in fact seem like many of these cards refer to multiple players. Looking through the chaos card without MP and none of them refer to other players. Rulebook typo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also wondered what MP stood for! Some of the other chaos cards do refer to other players (and some of the MP ones don't suit solo) so I wonder if a revised list will be issued with the new rules or FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom butler
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi,

Most Chaos cards with the (MP icon) will trigger immediately, while some others you will know how to trigger (unlike how Chaos cards normally work, where you do not know the trigger).

These Chaos cards are mainly geared toward solo play, immediately triggered, and also used during a Company turn.

This was to offer variability with game play when the game moved to a 1-5 players post Kickstarter stretch goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Montgomery
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Not sure if anyone is still watching this thread, but what does the MP stand for? Is it really ‘multiplayer’ which seems odd or was there some other meaning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Angel Fernandez Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But among those cards there are any not for solitaire. For example, card 13 says:
"If you and any other player..."

I don't understand then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ananda74 wrote:
But among those cards there are any not for solitaire. For example, card 13 says:
"If you and any other player..."

I don't understand then.

When playing solo, you simply read that card as "If you and any other player...".
Simple as that. As there are no other players, that portion of the sentence doesn't apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.