Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Priest of Ra Powers combined with others rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hobert Silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hi. Someone can help me...It's not clear to me how Priest of Ra works

1- If i have both Priest of Ra and Priestess, do i have a discount of 2 PP? Ex: Can i buy Hand of God for 1?

2- If i have both Priest of Ra and Slaves, and i want to raise blue pyramid from level 2 to 4(Original cost=7PP, with the discount from Slaves/level= 5PP) do i pay only 4 PP, because of Priest of Ra?

3-Does Priest of Ra works in battles?

4-How Priest of Ra works with Teleporting? Considering also the DI Card and the red tile...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hob Rocha wrote:
Hi. Someone can help me...It's not clear to me how Priest of Ra works

1- If i have both Priest of Ra and Priestess, do i have a discount of 2 PP? Ex: Can i buy Hand of God for 1?

2- If i have both Priest of Ra and Slaves, and i want to raise blue pyramid from level 2 to 4(Original cost=7PP, with the discount from Slaves/level= 5PP) do i pay only 4 PP, because of Priest of Ra?

3-Does Priest of Ra works in battles?

4-How Priest of Ra works with Teleporting? Considering also the DI Card and the red tile...

1,2&3: Yes.
4: also works !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Magno
Argentina
flag msg tools
This official answers are going to cause some big problems.
I think the answer is good, and what i expected, but some people pointed out that priest of ra shouldn't work in battles because it has a day symbol and not a combat symbol.

Also the point 4 is not answered, how it works? once get discount on the first teleport or in all teleports?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Denq
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Priest of Ra removes the 1 prayer point cost on ALL costs. So all your future teleports cost 1 prayer point less. Priest of Ra + the red power tile (I think it's called Stargate) will allow you to teleport for free.

Though this may be an oversight on the designer's part, my boardgame group ruled that Priest of Ra does not provide a discount on DI cards that have a cost and are played in battle (the card that gives +2 Strength, for eg.)

Priest of Ra's icon is a Day, so for consistency reasons, we ruled it as such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarek
msg tools
chubchubpenguin wrote:
Priest of Ra removes the 1 prayer point cost on ALL costs. So all your future teleports cost 1 prayer point less. Priest of Ra + the red power tile (I think it's called Stargate) will allow you to teleport for free.

(Un)fortunately, that is incorrect. It was discussed several times in several threads with input from the publisher, and reflected in the FAQ, that PoR removes 1 prayer point cost per spending action, meaning if you have 5 action tokens daily - the maximum discount you can get this day from PoR is 5.

If you want to make multiple teleports during a single "move" action (jumping from obelisk to obelisk with Teleport red tile) - PoR will get you 1 point deduction in total. Without any extra modifiers beside PoR, if you want to teleport 2 times in one "move" action - you will have to pay 3 in total (first jump -1, second jump is full cost). The same movement, having PoR with Stargate (-1 cost to any teleport) will make your first jump free, the second and all consequent ones will still cost 1 PP each.

The same goes for upgrading a pyramid several levels at once - you get a discount of 1 PP in total, not 1 PP for each level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.