Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, each nation's VP marker is printed like this:

front side: VP
back side: +20 VP

Since it was decided to get rid of the tug-of-war VP track that was used in Combat Commander, players have to switch VP markers between nations whenever the score crosses into enemy territory.

From experience, this "going to the other side" happens many times over the course of a single game, whereas scores going over 20 happens maybe in one game out of eight or nine.

So it seems to me like it would make much more sense to have VP markers printed like this:

front side: French VP
back side: German VP

front side: American VP
back side: German VP

And then do the same for the 20+ markers.

(Case in point: each player I taught the game to instinctively flipped the VP marker over when the score went to the opponent. And then proceeded to ask me why the markers weren't printed that way to begin with.)

It would essentially be a sixth "objective control" marker between two competing nations.

I printed my own, but they would look much better if Hexasim printed them, of course.
Would something like this be possible in a future expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Francis for your advice. It will be done if we have enough room on the countersheets.
There will also be an additional FP marker as this one is heavily used during the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great suggestions! Let's hope Hexasim takes it upwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Now wait just a darn minute. One of my main ways of winning is having my opponent absent-mindedly flip over my VP marker when they move ahead of me. A simple counter reprint should not change a major game strategy! Next thing you'll suggest is a rule against deck tuning!

Geesh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bonzillou wrote:
thanks Francis for your advice. It will be done if we have enough room on the countersheets.
There will also be an additional FP marker as this one is heavily used during the games.

Great.
Thanks, Pascal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
Now wait just a darn minute. One of my main ways of winning is having my opponent absent-mindedly flip over my VP marker when they move ahead of me. A simple counter reprint should not change a major game strategy! Next thing you'll suggest is a rule against deck tuning!

Geesh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.