Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stephon winsome
United States
Fair Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing the fortress at Dieppe scenario with a friend the other day. There was a situation in which one of his men-at-arms units wanted to initiate a melee and there were two opposing archers adjacent to him. Having no other friendly units to engage my archers he was forced to attack both of them. I forget the exact modifiers but it wasn't really unfavorable to him (if at all). The result ended up being a D + R for the defenders. I was unsure if both defenders suffered the results. That seemed overly punishing. It just seems like there's barely any penalty at all for one unit attacking several defenders and that seems unrealistic? Or maybe I'm just used to games where one against many is far less effective. To get right to the point, do all units involved in a melee suffer the results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only explicit reference I remember is the beginning of Rule 10.7:

Quote:
The result of a mêlée may require the defenders or attackers to retreat one hex (an R result on the Mêlée Table)

Emphasis is mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If multiple defenders are required to retreat, then so be it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.