Hide
5 Posts

Now Boarding» Forums » General

Subject: 2 player experience ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Purkiss
msg tools
Played this for the first time today as a 2 player game and won without losing any passengers, have other people found it too be straightforward to win?

Isn't to say we were particulary good at the game, yet the game didn't put us under any pressure (which would have been a good thing).

Is a bit dissappointing, as I have 3 other timed games that are challenging and replayable and this on just feel flat.

Also not sure why upgrading engines is needed when you can do a move action as many times as you need to per timer turn? Similary upgrading seating beyond 3 doesn't seem great when you can deal with the passengers fairly easily. Is also odd that a passenger can appear next to you and you can pretty much automatically clear them.

Nice looking game, just doesn't seem to be much there at a 2 player count. Is it better with more players?

Had a similar experience with Magic Maze, far too easy to win and similar to this one there seem to be obvious things to do each turn.

Wanted to like this game as I like 3 (4 probably once I've played it) other games they've done, this one just seems to lack something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We also just played it and got thrashed.

We had only 1 passenger complaint until the end when, according to the end game rules, we added another 5 complaints as we had 10 passengers in the air or on the ground.

Nevertheless, we loved it. We have rated it 9/10.

However, I think I see where you may be going wrong. You can only move your aircraft up to the sum of your engines. The rules are ambiguous on this point but it was answered by Tim in this thread here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1998219/few-questionscommen...

Definitely worth having another go with limiting your moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Purkiss
msg tools
That would probably make a big difference, is unfortunate the rulebook wasn't clearer.

So to clarify with engines 5 you can only move 5 pips in total in the 15 seconds at 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lylith82 wrote:
That would probably make a big difference, is unfortunate the rulebook wasn't clearer.

So to clarify with engines 5 you can only move 5 pips in total in the 15 seconds at 2 players?

Correct. You may only move up to the number of engines you have. Unlimited movement would make it FAR too easy.

You may split those moves as you wish (move 1, drop off passengers, move 2 towards next airport).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Purkiss
msg tools
Tried the game with the correct rules with 3 players, was better, wasn't amazing either though. Think it's because I own 3 timed games that seem to work better than this one.

The thing I find odd is that compared to other timed games there's more potientail for alpha gaming, as based on what you know it's pretty easy to work out the best moves in advance, then seems like discussing what you're going to do and doing the move for 15 seconds without time to communicate (making the timed bit more like seperate things going on). The game also went a bit long for what it is really, whereas 30 seconds with more players would seem like a little bit too long.

I didn't dislike it, at the same time if I keep the game it'll probably be for completion purposes, as once we beat it (had 5 complaints in the first proper play of the game) aside for the small VIP twist there doesn't seem to be much replayablity (no difficulty levels like the other games I own).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.