Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Darklight: Memento Mori» Forums » General

Subject: First Investments in Campaign Mode? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Just a curious question. After the first dungeon in the campaign mode (and the deadly trip after it that the Dreadworm was in reality trying to protect us from),after visiting the Healer arrrh obviously, what are your first soul/gold investments in town?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serhii Malakhov
Ukraine
flag msg tools
Spending everything on items on marketplace. Not picking the best for slot but simply bying everything for slots that are currently empty. And visiting Church to buy blessed water/divine favour if there is some change left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Marketplace!
Proper Gear. So some Armor (cheap ones but with evasion) and at least one better weapon than starting equip.

Afterwards if enough souls left you may pray at the church and Stuff up with Blessed bombs ;-)

If a spellcaster is in your Team you might try for dark enclave Tower to learn new spells. But only if enough souls left otherwise just skip the enclave until next townvisit. If a Tank is in your Group your spellcaster maybe wont need armor and you could save that souls for a New spell :-)

Another good Option is a tattoo. (But its 100 crowns)

Cheers
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serhii Malakhov
Ukraine
flag msg tools
Oh, I totally forgot about tattoo, it's top priority in some cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald M.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go also for a tattoo, if enough crowns left.
I bought the dragon tattoo for my exorcist.
But during the dungeon I always forget about it.

I think they tattooed it on my butt, so I can't se it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Harrath wrote:
I would go also for a tattoo, if enough crowns left.
I bought the dragon tattoo for my exorcist.
But during the dungeon I always forget about it.

I think they tattooed it on my butt, so I can't se it...

Dragonbutt the new fregrance grants you absolutely nothing for you will forget about it the moment you walk out of this shop - we guarantee you that!

First rounds i also almost all the Time forgot about my tattoo - must have been the same guy who did your Buttoo ;-)

Cheers
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Knight
msg tools
To echo the above...

Marketplace: Get those slots filled up, it will increase your longevity no end. The next dungeon will be much better for you. Weapons if you can afford them, but I'd prioratise armour/evasion.

Tattooist: Just for the extra abilities.

Apothecary/Church: For extra consumables.

Edit: Forgot to mention; In your first settlement, SELL SOULS! Go for the money now and survive to get souls later!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corban Caldwell
msg tools
+1 for marketplace train. we leveled up first thing cause we had the souls then we fought lvl 2 monsters with no added gear, the damage was real painful. next depends on your character, you can go for consumables like oil flask at the apothecary or blessed water at the church. prayers are always good to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Witt
msg tools
So, we finished the campaign today (where is act 2? )

First thing: Sell all your souls and buy a set of crappy armor at the market. Evasion is better than it looks at the first glance.

What helped us out the most: The largest house. On our first few dungeons, we just saved up souls to finaly buy this big thing for 3000 (granted, finding some raw nethririum helped) - and its so good! Remove insanity and wounds for free, +4 health +1 sanity and unlimited storage, paired with lots of room to adopt children for +2 health and +1 sanity each.

Put any bad items you find in the storage rather then selling them, so you can't refind them

Other than that, our regular town visit before entering dungeons:

Optional:
- Visit the healer to cure injuries if we died

Mandatory:
- Dump all the stuff we won't need in the storage. Restock on consumeables if needed
- Take a bath in the house - +4 Health (saved our ass lots of times)
- Take a study in the library of the house - +1 sanity (never mattered)
- Take a prostitute at the inn. Repeat until +1 endurance

Optional:
- Visit the healer to cure any illness gotten on the travels or from the prostitute
- Stay in bed to remove fatique and/or cure illness

Mandatory
- Go pray for either +1 to hit or +1 attack (usually +1 to hit) (adopt a child if possible)

This nets us:
+1 to hit
+4 life (+any permanent bonus by adopted children)
+1 sanity (+any permanent bonus by adopted children)
+1 endurance
Healed from everything negative

Usually a visit in town costs us around 500-600 crowns for 2 heroes (men, paying 23 in living expenses per day is no joke..damned kids)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulysse Hertenberger
France
flag msg tools
Quote:
Put any bad items you find in the storage rather then selling them, so you can't refind them

You are supposed to reshuffle all items except for unique ones. (the blank cards were not included for nothing).
But congratulation for going so far.
We only tried once the campaign but most of the team was slaughtered while traveling to the first dungeon.
Now we are waiting for everyone to have lucernian horses before trying this quest again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca G.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Tokata
Hi, did you buy a house for each Accursed?
If not did you apply the bonus and activities granted by the house only to the accursed that bought it or to all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Molina
Spain
flag msg tools
The only bonus that may apply to the accursed not owning the house is resting. Any other bonuses should only be picked by the owner (otherwise the benefits of purchasing one single house would be tremendous)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca G.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmolina wrote:
The only bonus that may apply to the accursed not owning the house is resting. Any other bonuses should only be picked by the owner (otherwise the benefits of purchasing one single house would be tremendous)

Yes, I think it was confirmed and Settlement book goes in this direction to me. If any exception for the Story Mode it should be clearly stated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Leeuw
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, it was NOT confirmed, this is just your interpretation.
Mine is different.
Te benefits are supposed to be tremendous, but so is the cost.
Because they are limited to only one town we decided everyone can eat, bathe and so on in the one house instead of having to buy 4 houses in each relevant town. Simultaneous resting is limited to the number of bedrooms specified in the house description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca G.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I was not intending to give my personal interpretation, but to report what I read in the Forum.

Official FAQ
http://www.darkicegames.com/Public/ERRATA_PostLaunch.pdf

Q. Does every Accursed need his own House location to use
all House facilities? Seems like only the “Bedroom” may be
used by non-owning Accursed, while Hearth/Storage/Kitchen/
Baths/Study is restricted to the Owner of the house only.
Correct?

A. This is a tricky one. Rules-wise you cannot share your
House. The reason for this is simply that from a roleplaying
point of view, the Accursed may well hate one another (the
Exorcist hating the Necromancer/Outcast for example), and
we didn’t want to get bogged down in pages of rules about
who can invite whom, or create disadvantages based on your
choice of Accursed. However, our testing groups often created house rules (no pun intended) that allow you to share, and
we believe it is more important for people to have fun than
follow every single rule to the letter. The reason why the
bedrooms have multiple beds is because of the potential for
adoptions,where you would need the extra beds.

I saw it in the FAQ summary
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28786417#28786417

and this discussion
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28785977#28785977

anyone can draw his conclusion and nothing prevent to have his own opinion and house rule, it is also a matter of taste.
Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Leeuw
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I guess we house ruled it then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.