Subject: Operation Husky victory conditions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am a bit confused about the Husky victory conditions. How are you supposed to get the Italian marker on the armistice with the allied side up? You need to destroy german units/capture cities, so that's doable, but to trigger the armistice, you need to do a 4 unit invasion of the mainland which cannot be done on the sicily map as there are no LZs on the mainland. Or does it just mean you need to inflict 5 losses (units/cities)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It doesn't say you have to trigger the armistice to win as the Allied player. You win by either have a non-commando/non-paratroop unit north of the Malta Limited air cover line or by moving the Armistice marker to the Armistizio box and flip it Allied side up (i.e. move it four times). Capturing cities and/or eliminating German units will accomplish this.

Even though it's not necessary in this scenario, it could be worth noting that an armistice is finally triggered by moving four allied units to mainland Italy. This could be done via a naval invasion but you can also accomplish the same thing by simply moving four units across the Messina straits (two landings markers needs to be available).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Martin, I misunderstood the armistice condition there.

Brastias wrote:

This could be done via a naval invasion but you can also accomplish the same thing by simply moving four units across the Messina straits (two landings markers needs to be available).

Ok, I just went back to the rules and I think got it now. I did not realise you could just move, provided you had the landings markers available. I assume you can only cross from the three hexes adjacent to the straight on the Sicily side of the map.

Anyway, we did not get into that situation as the Allied stalled and never made it beyond the Limited air cover line.

Next time, I'll try another scenario or the short campaign. Excellent game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.