5 Posts

The Arrival» Forums » Rules

Subject: Starting Building Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Moore

California
msg tools
In the 2nd edition of the game, how many building tokens do each player start with? I always thought each player started with 3 and put one on each of the 2 tracks and the 3rd in a port.

But it looks like the new rules state each player starts with 2 and put one in a port city. Since the new addition has tokens for the honor and corruption tracks, that would leave an extra building token for each player to start with.

What's the official rule?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bienert
Germany
Gaimersheim
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Game's Up / Lookout Games
mbmbmb
Hello, as publisher of the 1st edition I can say: 1 on each track and one on a port, that's it.

Best

Ralph

(p.s.: regarding the 2nd edition, someone from Cryptozoic must tell..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dekan Wheeler
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raedwulf wrote:
Hello, as publisher of the 1st edition I can say: 1 on each track and one on a port, that's it.

Best

Ralph

(p.s.: regarding the 2nd edition, someone from Cryptozoic must tell..)

Pg 4 Setup Step 9 reads

Beginning with the player to the right of the First Player and continuing
counterclockwise, each Tribe Leader sets one (1) Building Disk from the
General Supply (of his or her color) at any open Port Location of his or her choice, regardless of province color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
TimmyOne wrote:
So that means every player starts with one extra building token that they can use once the game starts. Correct?

Each player takes 2 building tokens. p 4, step 8. Then each player takes one token from general supply and places on port of their choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dekan Wheeler
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Futza wrote:
TimmyOne wrote:
So that means every player starts with one extra building token that they can use once the game starts. Correct?

Each player takes 2 building tokens. p 4, step 8. Then each player takes one token from general supply and places on port of their choice.

You are absolutely correct. Looks like some of the old rules did get stuck there. I have made a note to fix that in future printings and digitally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.