Hide
5 Posts

Dark Moon» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Soft reveal too powerful? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave Smith
msg tools
Four player game and I'm infected. Player to my right picks a malfunction and I (soft reveal) tank it with four negative dice. Then on my turn I refresh my dice, do a useless repair action, then pick another malfunction and tank it again. This killed them, but even if it didn't they'd have to fix the voting on the Outpost and then vote to quarantine me before stopping my rampage.

Are we doing something wrong? Isn't this a little too powerful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wiese
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A well-timed soft reveal can be an Infected's best weapon but I wouldn't say it's overpowered. The task cards being random can hurt or help too. I've soft revealed plenty of times (or wanted to) only to draw tasks that really didn't matter too much. Especially in a 4p game where you are the only Infected, that reveal better work or else you're gonna have a hard time. Once the Uninfected team knows who they all are and can coordinate, it becomes tough to win usually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swift
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
elroher wrote:
Are we doing something wrong? Isn't this a little too powerful?

Possibly the humans did something wrong by letting the base get so much damage that you could destroy it with 2 failed tasks, but a little bit of bad luck (failed repair rolls) can get you into that situation. Maybe they were a bit too slow to spot you were infected. Perhaps they made poor choices on which task to do - I've noticed some people tend to choose whichever task is easier to pass without paying enough attention to what would happen if the task failed.

If you hadn't managed to end the game on your turn it's likely the humans could have turned things around. They can now issue orders freely, which basically gives them 6 actions to your 1. They should be able to quarantine you and repair a reasonable amount of damage before you get another turn .

Also, if the Suspicious Activity cube moves all the way to the end of the track then that vote still happens, so that's another way to get you into quarantine even with the base damaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Smith
msg tools
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We'll try keeping those suggestions in mind for future games. This games is awesome and I'm looking forward to playing with the company man in the expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LoPresto
United States
Lansing
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
elroher wrote:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We'll try keeping those suggestions in mind for future games. This games is awesome and I'm looking forward to playing with the company man in the expansion!

Have fun, the expansion is a great addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.