Thanos Rising: Avengers Infinity War» Forums » Variants

Subject: Final Thanos Battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Bradley
United States
California
flag msg tools
My wife and I love this game. However, we find it anti-climatic to beat the 10 villains and leave Thanos still standing there. Has anyone come up with any cool standards for beating Thanos? I'd love to hear them.

I'm newer to the board game community so I'm sure I don't have much to offer. But we tried by continuing to play and you have to role 5 of any 2 symbols with no card assistance or reassignment.

Now, we usually play with 2 people so it's probably easier than with 3 or 4. But I'm curious if anyone else has given this a thought.

Thanks!
Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about that at one point as well but decided I find it quite thematic that you don't beat Thanos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LoPresto
United States
Lansing
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I feel the same way. I enjoy the game but wish there was a final fight against Thanos himself. I would be really interested to see if any good variants do pop up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wolf
United States
Carlsbad
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bane122 wrote:
I thought about that at one point as well but decided I find it quite thematic that you don't beat Thanos.

^This guy :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nethershadow wrote:
bane122 wrote:

^This guy

Maybe after the next movie they will have an expansion that allows us to finally beat Thanos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gus Landt
United States
Green Bay
WI
flag msg tools
isellsunshine wrote:

Maybe after the next movie they will have an expansion that allows us to finally beat Thanos?

That's my assumption. That there will be a second board game (or at least an expansion to this one) that follows the 2nd Infinity War movie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Arganbright

Ohio
msg tools
My wife and I had the same feeling after playing the game.

While they could do an expansion later, but, designing one now would be interesting. BUT, I would say that Thanos has to be a genuine challenge tho...

I've thought about it. Does anyone have custom card templates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.