6 Posts

The Order of Vampire Hunters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combo Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony At DGG
msg tools
mb
This is a question that jono12 mailed to me. I answer it here so that everyone can see.

Quote:
Hi Tony. Enjoying the game so far. Question though. The combined attack cards, other than a brief mention, I don't see anything in the rule book on how and when to use them. Can you please help? Thank You!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
mb
I am glad you are enjoying the game.

There is section on page 30 that gives the full details for using the Combined Attacks.

Here's a quick summary. First you have to get your Hunters in the correct positions with respect to the Vampires. For example, you might need two Hunters in the same Area as the target Vampire. Then the Hunters pay the cost to perform the Combined Attack; normally it's just the Active Hunter that pays, and normally, it's paid in Focus. The Combined Attack will then give the Active Hunter some benefit, for example an extra Attack Die, or some special effect, like moving the Vampire.

To offset the cost, there is normally a bonus reward, often given to both Hunters. But there is also a risk: if the combo fails there is a penalty. Both of these are described on the reference card for the Combined Attack.

Giving specific details is tricky as every Combined Attack is different (which is why they are described on reference cards, so you don't have to open the rulebook to check them during game play - we don't expect you to memorise them.) If this general answer does not help, pick one of the cards and aske me more specific questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Oless
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think I got it, Thank You!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
mb
Great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Erlangen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heyhey, I also have a Question regarding the Combos. Would be nice if you could help me:

Let's take "Take Cover" as example:
"The Active Hunter shoots a Vampire with a Weapon that may cause Collarteral Damage to the Inactive Hunters. The Inactive Hunters may test agility (?) 3+, then roll the Attack normally.
Cost: Inactive Hunters pay 1 Focus to take the Skill Test.

Q1: The described Attack in this Combo; does it cost a Action of the Active Hunter or is it free (only beeing able to meet the requirements of the combo and the Focus Cost of the Inacitve Hunter(s))?

Run!: The Active Hunter is in an Area with 1 Vampire and Inactive Hunter(s). The Inactive Hunters may Test agility (?) 3+, then the Active Hunter makes a Melee Attack.
Cost: Inactive Hunter(s) pay 1 Focus to take the Skill Test.

Q1: If the Test fails, is it still allowed to do the Attack?
Q2: The described Melee Attack in this Combo; does it cost a Action of the Active Hunter or is it free (only beeing able to meet the requirements of the combo and the Focus Cost of the Inacitve Hunter(s))?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
mb
Quote:
Would be nice if you could help me

I'll try.

1-Q1 The Attack is an Action, just like normal. Follow all the rules described for Attacks.

2-Q1 The card says to do both things and pay the cost. The Active Hunter must make the Attack (and the Inactive Hunters must make the Skill Test and Inactive Hunters must both pay the cost). Decide who is participation (normally just two Hunters, but in this case it can be more) then follow all the steps on the card.

2-Q2 The Attack is an Action, just like normal.

Good luck Hunting those Vampires.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.