Hide
1 Posts

The Hobbit: Enchanted Gold» Forums » General

Subject: More than meets the eye rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flavio Sousa
msg tools
I think there's more to this hobbit than meets the eye.

I finally tried The Hobbit: Enchanted Gold and it's good.

It's definitely underrated, all the negative reviews are unfair and it deserves more love but it's not the perfect Tolkien board game, either.

The artwork is gorgeous and even though the iconography could be clearer at times, the gameplay is intuitive and simple. Simple does not mean basic or shallow, there are definitely many decisions to be made here.

So, what's not to like? Even though it is language independent (hooray for that!), there is no way I could use this with my foreign students. There are too many components, the gems are too small and you can't divide a class into two teams to play this. Moreover, the concept of using gems to fight monsters is a bit weird (why not weapon tokens instead?) and those kids would find it confusing.

If, however, you are a fan of Tolkien and want a great 2 player filler game, go right ahead and give this one a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.