Subject: Will this work for a blind gamer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Lehman
United States
Tarpon Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
Hi everbody. I am interested in this game. It looks light, fun and perfect for a gaming group. However, I am blind and I cannot play games that require secret information. Are the cards in this game public or secret? Sometimes I can work around secret hands. Example, I house ruled Incan Gold so I can play the game. Hopefully, Munchkin is possible either way.Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry but no. This game is filled with hidden information on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While your current class, race, curses, and equipment are open information, you'll also have a hand of cards that you keep secret from the other players, with things like one-use items for mid-combat, extra monsters or class/race cards to use at certain times, etc. A lot of the strategy comes from not knowing if the other players have items in their hands that will affect combat at any point in time, and trying to work around that. So I don't think it would work much for a blind player, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, actually!

Well, ok, it won't work for you out-of-the-box. But there's a guy who runs a company called 64ounce games, and he makes accessibility kits for the blind for a bunch of games. And they have one for Munchkin! I've bought a couple of their kits so we can play games with a friend of ours, and they work really well. Usually they consist of sleeves to put all the cards in, and braille stickers to put on the sleeves. Since there's so much text on the Munchkin cards, it looks like this one has QR codes on the stickers that, if you have a reader, take you to the full text of each card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.