9 Posts

Heroes of Land, Air & Sea» Forums » General

Subject: Getting Pestilence expa without O&C rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Araya
msg tools
Hi everyone!

Since I couldn't get into the first KS, I'm planning on getting a copy in this wave. However, a full pledge will be probably out of my budget.

I'm very interested in new features of Pestilence, and as far as I know, O&C "only" adds the four races and board expansion (which is, indeed, a lot!).

So, friendly people, do you think is a good idea to buy only base game and Pestilence expa? Is it necessary to have first one to play the new one?

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mudrak
Slovakia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the most interesting and most enjoyable races of HLAS are in O&C... I would definitely recommend getting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
To me it’s abour differentiation. Base game races are similar (each one specializes on a single region type and synergies with it. O&C expansions brings true diversity on this. In my experience O&C enriches the experience in a big way. I find also the mercenaries a very welcome addition (not so much the nomads).

My top 2 races I like playing are both in the O&C expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dorsett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I would reiterate previous comment. The O&C races bring more diversity, I would definitely recommend getting it.

However, given how different the two new races are going to be you probably would have a decent amount of variability with just the base game and that expansion. At some point, you will want to get O&C too, but I do think if you had base + pestilence you'd do perfectly fine in the short term till you had more funds. You'd have 6 races, 2 of which are pretty different. In a 2,3 or 4p game that'd be perfectly fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Palumbi
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume you could still play a 4 player game with the upcoming expansion with a mix of base and pestilence races . Since its expanding the game by 1 player thanks to the floating continent i can only assume that the base game plus pestilence will make for a 5 player game without the need of the 5 and 6 player board from O&C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dorsett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be my thoughts exactly. The game with the pestilence exp would make it 5 player. Though I'd be pretty certain of this, from my browsing I haven't seen any official confirmation of this.

I would think there would probably be a few people looking to back the way you are thinking to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peteyandycreek wrote:
This would be my thoughts exactly. The game with the pestilence exp would make it 5 player. Though I'd be pretty certain of this, from my browsing I haven't seen any official confirmation of this.

I would think there would probably be a few people looking to back the way you are thinking to.

Of course it would. The "5th land" goes in between the 4 player map. You'd be able to do 1-5 with just base and Pestilence expansion no doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Araya
msg tools
Finally went all in! You guys convinced me!

I think I'll sell my runewars and some other games just to compensate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You’re gonna like it. It’s a fantastic game. I’m sorry you have to wit so long. I honestly don’t think they were planning on selling out and the reprint this fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.