Hide
7 Posts

Abyss» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do we need a hand limit allies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matteo gold
msg tools
My last 2 game with 2 different group of friends, we play in 4-player, and both game end up with someone who tool almos all the allies and the exploring deck was just monster cards, so people start farming just key for taking extra territories, i think that this move broke the balance of the game, so i was wondering if there is some limit of card that you can have.

what you guys think about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That has never happened to me and sounds really weird. How did he get them? Even if he explores every round and buys and everything he can't have infinite pearls?

And why is he holding them?

In the latest expansion there's a 12 allies hand limit and you pay 1 pearl for each ally above that each turn.

But wow, that's weird, are you sure you're not playing some rule incorrectly? Did he won?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
The new expansion has a card limit of 12 now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matteo gold
msg tools
he lose becouse he don't recruit new Lords.

He just start collecting all the card in the middle zone (he bought the Lord that allow him to take 2 stack of allies in one time).

So you are saying that we can put a limit of 12 cards for all players without break the game balance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's not necessary without the expansions.

If he does that he will always lose by a good amount of points. If he loses on purpose so he can break your experience, just find another friend.

Or just get the red lord that doesn't let him have more than 4 cards in hand. (or was it 6).

I'm still baffled on how he managed to collect so many cards.

Other thing you can do is get the two expansions. Both add amazing stuff to the game (In my opinion of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Many games can be broken (some more easily than others) if a player hoards resources. In my experience, that player usually finishes dead last. The game doesn't need a hand limit. You just need better players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alluvian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abyss is at it's heart a race game really. you need to buy better lords/get better locations faster than you opponents. If you play it any other way you will lose for sure.

I have played 30+ games of this and never seen this, it is my goto starter for players who have played a few modern boardgames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.