Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo Cariolato
Italy
San Bonifacio (VR)
ITALY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Do you need a Campaign or a 3 Ops cards in order to move a General with naval movement in Hamilcar? The Scenario only refers to "Naval Movement", but it's different from the Hannibal one.
2) The Scenario refers to "Naval Movement"and specify that no more than 3 movement points can be spent on naval movement, do these points include land movement or are only referring to sea lanes?
In other words can I spend 2 points in sea lanes 1 in land movement and 1 more in sea lane? Or is my total expenditure limited to 3 points?
I point you out that the example in the scenario book does not specify how many points spend the force in the last land leg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ad 1) No, you don't need specific SC to use Naval Movement in Hamilcar. Any Strategy Card which can activate your commander can be used.

Ad 2) You can use 3 of 4 movement points to move by sea. It could be split to two parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cosarara wrote:
2) The Scenario refers to "Naval Movement"and specify that no more than 3 movement points can be spent on naval movement, do these points include land movement or are only referring to sea lanes?
In other words can I spend 2 points in sea lanes 1 in land movement and 1 more in sea lane? Or is my total expenditure limited to 3 points?

This initially confused me too but then I read the Pulcher card from the Price of Failure expansion which states: "May use entire Move (4 spaces) for Naval Movement".

So I play that for all other Generals it's 4 movement, of which a maximum of 3 may be Naval Movement, divided into any combination. Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
So I play that for all other Generals it's 4 movement, of which a maximum of 3 may be Naval Movement, divided into any combination. Am I right?

Yes, you are right.
Indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I was convinced based on the rules that in Hamilcar a general can only move three connections total if any of them are naval movement. This should definitely be in the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be in FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.