Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
The power of customization!
badge
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... All of you... To play more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning everyone,

On card #446,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Grisly Trauma
a party member is asking to enhance the move part with +1 move.

Would the base cost be doubled because of the 'target all' section after or is that considered a completely separate ability line and thus the +1 movement only be the +1 cost plus level premium?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the enhancement slot is in the Move line, an ability line that does not target at all. The cost would not be doubled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Ferreira
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
PhilGreenfly wrote:
No, the enhancement slot is in the Move line, an ability line that does not target at all. The cost would not be doubled.

Do you have a citation for this? My understanding is that it would cost double. The rule is for the whole ability, not just the part you’re enhancing. And more movement certainly improves the other part of the ability, as it means you’re more likely to be able to get in the positions you want to target more characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The move ability and the Poison / wound / muddle ability is separated by a large gap, meaning they are two completely separate abilities. Thus, the base cost for the enhancement put into the Move line is not doubled. You're anhancing an ability line that has nothing to do with a following multi-target ability.

Futhermore, and I repeat myself, a Move ability is not an ability that targets at all, so the base cost of an enhancement that is applied to it should not be doubled in any case.

There is no citation regarding this as I know of because I honestly think there is no need for one.

Note: Enhancement costs are tied to "abilities", not "actions". You implied that you are enhancing an ability that has the potential to target multiple figures, well that is fundamentally wrong, because what you meant was "action".

Let me quote the rulebook pg. 46:
The base cost associated with any enhancement depends on the sticker and what ability the sticker is enhancing. Double the base cost of an enhancement (other than an attack hex) if it is applied to an ability that targets multiple figures.

Bottom line: The bottom action consists of two separate abilities. You are enhancing one of them which does not target at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.