3 Posts

Glen More» Forums » Rules

Subject: Setup question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr J
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can’t see this answered but I’m probably wrong as nobody else seems to have a problem with it over the years.

Setup says:

“The players choose a starting player. He places his figure on any of the 14 spaces on the track around the board.”

The setup diagram shows the first player choosing the first square.

What is the benefit of going on any other square than the first? Surely the first player wants to see as many tiles as possible before deciding on where to go?

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shamusj wrote:
I can’t see this answered but I’m probably wrong as nobody else seems to have a problem with it over the years.

Setup says:

“The players choose a starting player. He places his figure on any of the 14 spaces on the track around the board.”

The setup diagram shows the first player choosing the first square.

What is the benefit of going on any other square than the first? Surely the first player wants to see as many tiles as possible before deciding on where to go?

What am I missing?

The spaces are in a continuous circle. So at the time of that "decision", all the spaces are empty and equivalent, and it doesn't matter on which one the first player starts. E.g. if 4 players play, their pieces will be on 4 successive spaces, and then 9 tiles are dealt out in the next 13 successive spaces, and the "last" space (behind the first player's marker) is left empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr J
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Russ. I missed that it was a continuous circle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.