Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'm trying to get my head wrapped around just what it takes to get a casualty to a collection point.

Suppose I've got a casualty on Card A which is adjacent to Card B, a casualty collection point. My 1st Sgt is driving the Jeep and on Card A with the Casualties. Does he have to disembark the jeep to load the casualties onto it? Or can he do it while 'driving'?

After embarking the casualties onto the jeep and driving to the collection point,does it require a command to offload the casualties or does entering the collection point suffice? If so, does the 1st Sgt have to disembark the jeep to offload the casualties?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeddy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Javaslinger wrote:
OK, I'm trying to get my head wrapped around just what it takes to get a casualty to a collection point.

Suppose I've got a casualty on Card A which is adjacent to Card B, a casualty collection point. My 1st Sgt is driving the Jeep and on Card A with the Casualties. Does he have to disembark the jeep to load the casualties onto it? Or can he do it while 'driving'?
I don't believe so; the loading of the casualty is a vehicle action; the 1st Sgt is merely the driver:
Quote:
7.4.1 Embarking
To embark an infantry unit or casualties onto a vehicle, have the vehicle perform an Embark Action (4.2.2h) during the Command Phase. Place an Exposed marker on the vehicle if it does not already have one.

Javaslinger wrote:

After embarking the casualties onto the jeep and driving to the collection point,does it require a command to offload the casualties or does entering the collection point suffice? If so, does the 1st Sgt have to disembark the jeep to offload the casualties?

Quote:
5.1.6.B. Picking up and Dropping off Loads
A unit, whether it is marked Exposed or not, may pick up and drop off items up to its Transport Capacity. You must give a unit a Pick Up, Load, Unload, Embark, or Disembark Command to pick something up, but you can have a unit drop something off without a separate Command.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.