Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mo Carlson
United States
Unspecified
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I seem to remember watching a video, a few months ago, where people from Mantic ( and, maybe Coach from Family of Gamers) were talking about a new rules compendium coming out in summer with all the FAQs in it and other updated information. Was I just imagining it? Is there such an update planned? If there is an update to the rulesbook planned, anybody have an idea of when it’s going to come out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's called Deadzone: Outbreak and it will be out on 9th July.

The book will contain updated army lists for all factions, this includes GCPS, and the Nameless.

This information was shared on the Facebook page for Tabletop Games UK:

++ DEADZONE: OUTBREAK ++

Coming on 9th July, Deadzone: Outbreak is a brand new 88-page supplement for Mantic's hugely popular sci-fi skirmish game.

- Introduces two new factions to the Warpath universe: the corrupt Mazon Labs; and mysterious semi-aquatic aliens known as the Nameless
- Rebalances the existing factions
- Introduces new scenarios and equipment
- Provides new themed Elite faction lists

What's more, Deadzone: Outbreak will be tied closely into the Deadzone online campaign this summer. Factions, equipment and scenarios from the book will all feature in the campaign so this is a the perfect starting point for those that want to take part.

For all you deadzone players new factions and a tasty campaign coming up I know I’ll be getting involved how about you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Carlson
United States
Unspecified
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the information. Looking forward to the supplement. So the online campaign... uh, how will that work? Is it A streaming thing? A play via e-mail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think based on various games, you plug in the outcome and that directly relates to the overall campaign taking place and the next missions, that come about
it sounds like a lot of fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it will also be nice to have it all in one book with errata
the Rules Committee is doing a great job
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So does this new 88 page book replace Deadzone 2.0 or is it a companion book?

Short version do I need the 2.0 rulebook or can I skip it and buy this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hopkins
England
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’d like to know this too. Hopefully it’ll replace the existing 2.0 rulebook completely. I don’t want to be cross referring between the rulebook and a “supplement” during a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Outbreak book doesn't replace the core rules, so the 2.0 Rulebook is still required.

It does provide much updated and expanded Faction lists and adds 2 new factions: The Nameless and Mazon Labs

New missions are also added, some old missions are updated and there are also some new and improved rules included too.

So whilst the core rules are still needed, the Outbreak when used alongside those lifts the game up to a kind of 2.1 version.

+++

And if you are interested in the online campaign (running from 20th Aug to late September), check it out here:

https://deadzonecampaign.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.