3 Posts

Old School Tactical: Volume 2 – West Front 1944-45» Forums » Rules

Subject: VCT Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Weebe

California
msg tools
I want to make sure I am interpreting and applying the modifiers for the VCT properly. There are three sets of them below the table itself (I think I understand the 4th box for damage rolls):
- Yellow box "To Hit Modifiers": pretty straightforward here, and they make sense that these things would make it easier/harder to score an AP hit on an opposing vehicle.
- Blue-gray box "Die Roll Modifiers": So these affect both the to-hit roll as well as the Pen value? Some of these, I would not expect to effect the chance of a kill or damage (i.e. Pen value), after a hit was scored (moving fire, intensive fire).
- Peach box "Firepower Modifiers": These only effect the Pen value. Some of these I would not expect to affect the chance of a kill or damage after a hit was scored (degraded LOS, shaken).

It is worth noting the intensive fire DRM is listed in the peach box as well as in the blue-gray box, and the degraded LOS is listed in the peach box as well as in the yellow box. These apparent duplications may be oversights, or (more likely ) I am not interpreting the modifiers correctly. Thus this post.

Thanks for any help here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robert,

Modifiers exactly as they are listed.

Figure out your 'to Hit' first using any modifiers from to Hit modifier box.
Roll using any Die Roll Modifiers that may apply. For example, if your tank was moving apply -1 modifier to the dice roll for both the 'to Hit' roll and the attack roll if a hit is scored.

If a hit is scored, then apply any Firepower modifiers and make the attack roll with any die roll modifiers (example, the Moving Fire modifier)

Yes Intensive Fire affects both the 'to Hit ' roll and the Firepower value.

Even though a gun may score a hit, the lethality of the shot can be affected by these factors. For example, rushed shots or obscured LOS can lead to targets that aren't optimal for a kill.

And all the modifiers are cumulative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Weebe

California
msg tools
Shayne,
Thanks for the clarifications. I can see now that I was misreading some of the tables.

On other question: If a squad riding on a tank dismounts and remains in the same hex as the tank, can it qualify for the 'rolling cover' +1 bonus?

Thanks!
Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.