Ryan Lopez DeVinaspre
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Scythians!

I am designing a special scenario to use for demonstration purposes during conventions and special events. It will be an all-new "prologue" episode. The idea is that people demoing the campaign in convention settings will often be playing with strangers, so rather than having them play the first scenario then go home and play it again with their friends, I am creating a scenario that captures the spirit of the campaign and introduces some closely related mechanisms while giving away little in the way of spoilers.

I should say here that this scenario will contain minor spoilers. If you want to know absolutely nothing about the campaign, then I recommend not signing up to test this.

Lastly (for the preamble), this scenario is designed to potentially be played with the final campaign. For the first few months at least after Fenris releases, it will only be available through conventions and such, but eventually I intend to release it here on BGG so players can download it if they would like to include it in their campaigns.

Potential testers need to be able to play this scenario one or more times in the week after I release it to them. I will have an online feedback form for you to fill out after you play.

The contents of the scenario should be treated as confidential. If you test it, please do not discuss it in public forums at this time.

If you would be interested in testing this scenario, please send me a geek mail with the following information:

1. Name

2. Did you do any official testing for the Fenris expansion?

3. Number of players you expect to test with. (Edit: for now, I'm only looking for multiplayer testing--any solo work will need to come later, if we can get that done.)

4. Approximate number of times you've played Scythe (there's no "wrong" answer here)

Lastly, please note that you will be testing in an unofficial capacity and neither I nor Stonemaier Games will be providing financial reimbursement. This is purely to help make a bonus scenario the best it can be.

I'll give it a few days, then I'll choose a few testers from those who apply.

Thanks so much, and happy gaming!

Ryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TODubs Johnston

Littleton
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your reading this send a geek mail.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lopez DeVinaspre
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the interest, Todd! Could you shoot this to me in a Geek Mail? That's where I'll be choosing testers from in the coming days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TODubs Johnston

Littleton
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, missed that little bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lopez DeVinaspre
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I have sent Geek Mail messages to the selected people! I had lots of people volunteer, and I really appreciate that!

If you weren't selected, please don't take it personally. I just wanted limit the amount of feedback to filter through. I had a ton of people volunteering to test with 2-3 players, but I am looking for a spectrum, so a lot of people were left out for that reason. I was also looking for a range of experience with the game, because I want this to be accessible to everyone.

I will say that because I will mostly be using this at conventions for a while, I am slightly prioritizing larger play groups for now. That may change in future waves of testing, if I need them.

If you weren't selected this time, feel free to express your interest again if I post another wave of testing!

Thanks again, everyone!

Ryan Lopez
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.