Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deb K
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know where I can find the First Player Tile? I have the original version that included the cardboard chit and would like to upgrade to the tile version. Any help would be appreciated, as I have contacted the manufacturer. I was told to contact the store I bought it from. The game was actually purchased directly from Plan B games.

Thank you in advance for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Frantz
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenRule wrote:
Does anybody know where I can find the First Player Tile? I have the original version that included the cardboard chit and would like to upgrade to the tile version. Any help would be appreciated, as I have contacted the manufacturer. I was told to contact the store I bought it from. The game was actually purchased directly from Plan B games.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I honestly think the only way you're going to get it at this point will be to buy a new copy of the game (which includes the tile) and resell your current copy. Otherwise, you might be stuck with cardboard. The publisher has stated that they probably won't be offering more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some pretty nice looking 3d printed versions floating around, perhaps you could get one of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
"Courage isn't the matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - 3rd Doctor
badge
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Deb,

I have an extra one. I can send it your way.

PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rohrer
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
visit my blog at http://www.alittlelatetothetable.blogspot.com/
badge
“The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it."
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, i have the first edition as well and would love to find one of the tiles! if anyone has one i'd love to buy it! just let me know via message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kulprits
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone in Australia managed to find a retailer who received any stock of the extra ones please let me know.

I asked 4 different stores any no one had heard anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do wish they would find it in their hearts to sell the first player tiles thru the Geekstore. I know it's a hassle for a company like Next Move to deal with the torturous one tile at a time sales, particularly when they have a SDJ candidate to worry about, but the Geekstore is used to dealing with small promo items.

Maybe limit it to 1 per person, maybe with an exception for shipments to ex-US addresses to keep people from Hoovering them up and selling them on the secondary market. It could work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigiba wrote:
I do wish they would find it in their hearts to sell the first player tiles thru the Geekstore. I know it's a hassle for a company like Next Move to deal with the torturous one tile at a time sales, particularly when they have a SDJ candidate to worry about, but the Geekstore is used to dealing with small promo items.

Maybe limit it to 1 per person, maybe with an exception for shipments to ex-US addresses to keep people from Hoovering them up and selling them on the secondary market. It could work...

I have yet to find one on the secondary market. If you spot one, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
tigiba wrote:

I have yet to find one on the secondary market. If you spot one, let me know.

Next Move limited them to 1 per person, so it's no surprise there aren't any on the secondary market. Like I said, it would be great if they made more and the Geekstore could sell them (also with a one per person limit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just here to sign the petition to release 1st player tiles to the geek store! Like I did on another thread because I didn't know about this thread. Have pity on the early adopters, please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TimOfLegend wrote:
Just here to sign the petition to release 1st player tiles to the geek store! Like I did on another thread because I didn't know about this thread. Have pity on the early adopters, please!

I will continue to vocalize for the minority of players that have yet to receive a new tile. I wouldn’t call it pity, we love our fans and want them to have the best experience possible. Those early adopters definitely help evangelize Azul and it’s certainly appreciated. I will do what I can to help this effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Levin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just picked up a tile today locally in Santa Clara, CA. In speaking with the store manager they are available for in-store pickup only. Message me if you are still in need and are local.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Norris
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Adding another minor voice to the same problem. I thought I was on the pulse when these first player makers were released but they were sold out. Every other month I've checked back hoping to find something, to no avail. Would love to get my hands on one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Story time: The 2nd edition of Bunny Kingdom has a larger board. Iello knew owners of the 1st edition would feel ripped off, so they made the bigger board available FREE + shipping costs on their website. It's still available to this day. I'm sure whatever it cost them was gained back in customer goodwill (or more accurately, lack of bad will).

I wish Next Move Games would take this small but meaningful step. Such a tiny thing, right? Makes us feel petty and embarrassed to ask for it, but the gesture would be so easy for them.

Frustrating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Cloostermans
Belgium
Schelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next Move missed a great opportunity by not bringing first player tiles to Spiel in Essen this year ! Really disappointed in the lack of interest in customer satisfaction. It's not a big deal, but it would have been an nice gesture!
Still looking for an affordable way to find this tile in Belgium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MateE wrote:
Next Move missed a great opportunity by not bringing first player tiles to Spiel in Essen this year ! Really disappointed in the lack of interest in customer satisfaction. It's not a big deal, but it would have been an nice gesture!

I believe it’s $5 USD shipping for most of the world from Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EchoOperative wrote:
MateE wrote:

Where can you order it from Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ya'll can try posting here: 2018-2019 Spare Parts Resource List: A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rainbowrose wrote:
EchoOperative wrote:
MateE wrote:

Where can you order it from Canada?

NextMoveGames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Archer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it all versions by Plan B Games that contain the cardboard chit? Looking to buy the 2nd edition but some places don't list the version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
major_tomm wrote:
Is it all versions by Plan B Games that contain the cardboard chit? Looking to buy the 2nd edition but some places don't list the version.

Yes, it was the first print run (labeled Plan B Games).

Good news, that is a small fraction of the overall sales of Azul. We have went on to sell out of 4 additional print runs since then pushing the total of Next Move labeled Azul in the neighborhood of around 350,000+ units. Odds are you’ll get a Next Move version. If you don’t, we are offering the tile on nextMoveGames.com for shipping alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Archer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for that, I've been in touch with a few game stores who list the game as Plan B, but confirm it is the latest printing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
major_tomm wrote:
Thanks for that, I've been in touch with a few game stores who list the game as Plan B, but confirm it is the latest printing

We own Next Move and some distrivutors/retailers have it listed as Plan B as the UPC hasn’t changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Woo! That's awesome news. Thanks for doing that. Just ordered mine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.