Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: Question concerning Origins and Solitaire Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m a fairly hardcore solitaire gamer that loves going to Origins. I just have a few questions:

1. Will there be any particular solitaire gaming groups or clubs at the convention?

2. Are there any major, new solitaire games that will be shown off there?

Either way, I’m going, but I always like to hunt down my solitaire stuff before looking at anything else. So any knowledge/advice would be helpful.

Anyways, if you’re like me (and can’t wait for Origins), hope you have a blast!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatDebate wrote:
1. Will there be any particular solitaire gaming groups or clubs at the convention?

Isn't that an oxymoron?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldard wrote:
GreatDebate wrote:
1. Will there be any particular solitaire gaming groups or clubs at the convention?

Isn't that an oxymoron?


Not really. There are clubs here on BGG based around solitaire gaming. People seem to exchange information on new games and new solo modes. Thought they might meet up somewhere for game swaps.

Or, people in the group can just together to play Race for the Galaxy. whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Choose Your Own Adventure solo game coming out whether it's out at Origins or be sampled is beyond my knowledge.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
Colombia
Bogota
flag msg tools
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (PLAYER)
badge
My first children's fantasy novel EL DRAGÓN DE VAPOR (illustrations by Marcos Toledo Porras)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I am not going this year (I moved back home from Columbus this year after finishing my PhD. at OSU), I just want to let you know that I too play mostly solo and went to Origins every year since 2011, so you are not alone.

Regarding upcoming solitaire games, have you checked the Origins preview here on BGG? I always did that before the convention, and was able to find easy enough the games that were soloable.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
montanus wrote:
Though I am not going this year (I moved back home from Columbus this year after finishing my PhD. at OSU), I just want to let you know that I too play mostly solo and went to Origins every year since 2011, so you are not alone.

Regarding upcoming solitaire games, have you checked the Origins preview here on BGG? I always did that before the convention, and was able to find easy enough the games that were soloable.


Yeah, I’ve been searching through this evening. The Graphic Novel games look excellent.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
There is a Choose Your Own Adventure solo game coming out whether it's out at Origins or be sampled is beyond my knowledge.


I was checking this out. It’s high on the nostalgia factor for me. I loved these as a kid. They’re kinda what got me into solitaire gaming.

While I do play plenty of group games (although I’m taking a short break from my gaming group of 8 years), solitaire play is what excites me the most. Thanks for the great tip!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Challie Coppel
United States
Huntsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/geekpreview/11/origins-game-fair-2...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thomas
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Decision Games have some new solitaire games coming out, I believe if you like war games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
b5dorsai wrote:
Decision Games have some new solitaire games coming out, I believe if you like war games.

Yup. D-Day at Iwo Jima is being released (available) at Origins. One of only two games on my must-buy list.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.