6 Posts

Nations» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions about Strength, Stability... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emil Despodov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
First off i must say that Nations blew me away! I bought it two days ago, played it for the first time today, twice. The gameplay is so simple and beautiful, yet the decisions and strategies are vast and you must constantly adapt to the game itself and other players. Love it! Have questions!

1. Let's say you pick Rome (Side B) and start with 2 military. If i put another worker in military that gives me another 2, that's 4. My question is, if I later undeploy that worker from the military, do I go back on 2 or 0?

2. If i put a worker on a military card that gives me +2 Strength and -1 Stability, i adjust it +2 on War Track, -1 on Stability track. Later if i remove the worker, I go -2 on Strength, but do i also gain +1 Stability?

I'm sure more questions will follow with further plays

P.S. It was also awesome seeing Macedonia in the first playthrough and grabbing it!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaggah wrote:
First off i must say that Nations blew me away! I bought it two days ago, played it for the first time today, twice. The gameplay is so simple and beautiful, yet the decisions and strategies are vast and you must constantly adapt to the game itself and other players. Love it! Have questions!

1. Let's say you pick Rome (Side B) and start with 2 military. If i put another worker in military that gives me another 2, that's 4. My question is, if I later undeploy that worker from the military, do I go back on 2 or 0?

You only lose what that unit provided, so just 2.

Quote:
2. If i put a worker on a military card that gives me +2 Strength and -1 Stability, i adjust it +2 on War Track, -1 on Stability track. Later if i remove the worker, I go -2 on Strength, but do i also gain +1 Stability?

Yes, you go back up on stability. Your military and stability ratings can ALWAYS be determined by looking at your current board state. You never gain or lose in those areas in a way that isn't shown by something currently on your board. There is no memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Despodov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
Thanks a bunch Grant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaggah wrote:
Thanks a bunch Grant!

No problem, glad you discovered this great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Despodov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
BTW, do you cover up old cards when you buy new ones? Or do they get removed from the board and the new ones take their place? Because if you stack Advisors like that, and you lose the last one, you have the one below it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaggah wrote:
BTW, do you cover up old cards when you buy new ones? Or do they get removed from the board and the new ones take their place? Because if you stack Advisors like that, and you lose the last one, you have the one below it?

The old card gets discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.