Outlive» Forums » General

Subject: How is this at the 2 player count? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Impaired Bear
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Any funky rules or dummy players when playing at the 2 player count? Or is it viable? Game looks pretty cool, but would mostly be playing as only 2, so wanna hear from people who have tried it!

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's excellent at 2 players. In fact it might be my preferred play count as it felt much slower with 4. There's no difference in gameplay. The only downside is that there's much less pressure on the game map for locations, you only have one big number to worry about, you very rarely raid each other, though in my experience with 4 players, this didn't happen a ton there either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon James
United States
Ramona
California
flag msg tools
Be righteous. Be kind.
badge
Be righteous. Be kind.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also really enjoyed 2 player. Like Tyler said it does lack in pressure but all still very much fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg O.
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hi

at 2 player you will have less pressure opportunity, yet you will suffer more from the events (as less people are here to solve it)
enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it with two last night. Fantastic! Could really plan it out and good counterplay. Pressuring only occurred a few times so getting the armor or bat helped. The events were brutal as we didn't have enuff to fix it and build stuff without leaving the other guy to do anything they wanted with theirs instead.

He was a hunter so I had zero desire to fix the negative Hunter event. Really liked it and can't wait to play again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pleb compromise
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree is fun at two player - played three times yesterday with my better half. Agree also that it makes the events brutal - especially when they are only impacting one player. Two player can be played pretty fast too, once you set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.